Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » Tasks view not showing all tasks
Tasks view not showing all tasks [message #724426] Mon, 12 September 2011 10:30 Go to next message
Kim Aldis is currently offline Kim AldisFriend
I'm having some problems with tasks not showing in the tasks view of a PHP project. I've a whole bunch of files in the project, php, html, css, js .... but I can only see 4 tasks, which are all coming from the same line in a single css file: // ToDo, a tag I've added to the tag list for the project and the workspace. No other tags, and there are plenty of them, show anywhere in the view.

I can add tasks to files by clicking in the left hand side of a file and these show in the task list but that's about it.

I'm probably missing something obvious but I can't for the life of me see what it is. Any thoughts appreciated.

thanks.

(Eclipse-php-helios-macosx-cocoa-x86_64)
Re: Tasks view not showing all tasks [message #725906 is a reply to message #724426] Fri, 16 September 2011 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim Aldis is currently offline Kim AldisFriend
Answering myself, it looks like task tags have filters which limit what file types are scanned for tasks: CSS, DTD, HTML and XML. No PHP and as far as I can see, no way of adding a PHP content type to the filters list. Bummer.
Re: Tasks view not showing all tasks [message #726116 is a reply to message #725906] Fri, 16 September 2011 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You should check all of the pages that turn up when you type "tasks" into the Preference dialog's search field. You may also just need to Build the project, as many times the Tasks are detected by a compiler or other Builder.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Tasks view not showing all tasks [message #833775 is a reply to message #724426] Sun, 01 April 2012 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Angela Watershoo is currently offline Angela WatershooFriend
I just starting using Eclipse PDT and I have the same or similar challenge. I followed the help menu instructions on creating associated tasks. The associated tasks show in the editor with little check box icons, but do not show in the task view. I am stumped as to why they don't appear, particularly as the help pages themselves say they should.

Tried the search of task view preferences by typing in tasks in the search menu, but this brought nothing new forward.

It is a mystery why tasks don't show up in task view. If someone can answer this question it would be very cool
Re: Tasks view not showing all tasks [message #834900 is a reply to message #833775] Mon, 02 April 2012 14:35 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

On 3/31/2012 9:47 PM, Angela Watershoo wrote:
> I just starting using Eclipse PDT and I have the same or similar
> challenge. I followed the help menu instructions on creating associated
> tasks. The associated tasks show in the editor with little check box
> icons, but do not show in the task view. I am stumped as to why they
> don't appear, particularly as the help pages themselves say they should.
> Tried the search of task view preferences by typing in tasks in the
> search menu, but this brought nothing new forward.
>
> It is a mystery why tasks don't show up in task view. If someone can
> answer this question it would be very cool

Are you sure you're not mixing up the Tasks View with Task List View?

--
---
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP Source Editing and JSDT
IBM Rational

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Obtain source code from ASTNode
Next Topic:Ctrl+click (PHP Code Hyperlink Detector) and Content Assist do not work in PHP Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 17:23:26 GMT 2024