Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Buckminster » How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory
How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory [message #723899] Fri, 09 September 2011 20:09 Go to next message
Lothar Werzinger is currently offline Lothar WerzingerFriend
Hi,

I tried in vain so far to come up with a rmap that contains a reader that operates on a target platform that was materialized earlier into a local diretory.
The reason I am trying to do this that I want to create two new target platforms that are subsets of the first one (one for RCP and one for RAP).

I tried the obvious (local reader)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rm:rmap xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0" xmlns:rm="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0">
  <rm:locator searchPathRef="local.plugins" failOnError="false"/>
  <rm:locator searchPathRef="local.features" failOnError="false"/>

<rm:searchPath name="local.plugins">
    <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle" readerType="local" source="false" mutable="false">
      <rm:uri format="file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}">
        <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
        <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
      </rm:uri>
    </rm:provider>
  </rm:searchPath>
  <rm:searchPath name="local.features">
    <rm:provider componentTypes="eclipse.feature" readerType="local" source="false" mutable="false">
      <rm:uri format="file://{0}/tp-full/features/{1}">
        <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
        <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
      </rm:uri>
    </rm:provider>
  </rm:searchPath>
</rm:rmap>

but I get errors
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resolver rmap
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resolver Local resolver
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(materialized)
No materialization found for org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(workspace)
No open workspace project found that corresponds to org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(target)
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(feature/org.eclipse.rcp): No component match was found
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resource map file:/workspaces/buckminster-research/biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform/tp-full-local.rmap
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using search path local.plugins
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp])
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp]): Components of type eclipse.feature are not supported
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using search path local.features
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(file://{0}/tp-full/features/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp])
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Found match 
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using provider local(file://{0}/tp-full/features/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp])
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature
org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request
ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/workspaces/buckminster-research/biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform/tp-full-local.rmap
  ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.plugins
    ERROR   [0001] : Rejecting provider local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp]): Components of type eclipse.feature are not supported
  ERROR   [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.features
    ERROR   [0001] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature
      ERROR   Provider local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature
Errors and Warnings
E [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap file:/workspaces/buckminster-research/biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform/tp-full-local.rmap
E   [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.plugins
E     [0001] : Rejecting provider local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp]): Components of type eclipse.feature are not supported
E   [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.features
E     [0001] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature: Provider local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by component type eclipse.feature

I also tried a p2 reader, but that one obviously complains that there is no valid p2 repo there (the metadata is missing).

Any help is very much appreciated.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 September 2011 20:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory [message #723913 is a reply to message #723899] Fri, 09 September 2011 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Hi Lothar,

Why would you ever want to read from a target platform rather than from a p2 repository?

- thomas

On 2011-09-09 22:09, Lothar Werzinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried in vain so far to come up with a rmap that contains a reader that operates on a target platform that was
> materialized earlier into a local diretory.
>
> I tried the obvious (local reader)
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <rm:rmap xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0" xmlns:rm="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0">
> <rm:locator searchPathRef="local.plugins" failOnError="false"/>
> <rm:locator searchPathRef="local.features" failOnError="false"/>
>
> <rm:searchPath name="local.plugins">
> <rm:provider componentTypes="osgi.bundle" readerType="local" source="false" mutable="false">
> <rm:uri format="file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}">
> <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
> <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
> </rm:uri>
> </rm:provider>
> </rm:searchPath>
> <rm:searchPath name="local.features">
> <rm:provider componentTypes="eclipse.feature" readerType="local" source="false" mutable="false">
> <rm:uri format="file://{0}/tp-full/features/{1}">
> <bc:propertyRef key="workspace.root"/>
> <bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component"/>
> </rm:uri>
> </rm:provider>
> </rm:searchPath>
> </rm:rmap>
>
>
> but I get errors
>
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resolver rmap
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resolver Local resolver
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(materialized)
> No materialization found for org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(workspace)
> No open workspace project found that corresponds to org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider local(target)
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider eclipse.platform(feature/org.eclipse.rcp): No component match was found
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using resource map
> file:/workspaces/buckminster-research/biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform/tp-full-local.rmap
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using search path local.plugins
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider
> local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp])
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Rejecting provider
> local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp]):
> Components of type eclipse.feature are not supported
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using search path local.features
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Trying provider
> local(file://{0}/tp-full/features/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp])
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Found match org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Using provider
> local(file://{0}/tp-full/features/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp])
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider
> local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by
> component type eclipse.feature
> org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature: No provider was found that could resolve the request
> ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap
> file:/workspaces/buckminster-research/biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform/tp-full-local.rmap
> ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.plugins
> ERROR [0001] : Rejecting provider
> local(file://{0}/tp-full/plugins/{1}[file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/plugins/org.eclipse.rcp]):
> ERROR [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.features
> ERROR [0001] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider
> local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source required by
> ERROR Provider local(file:///workspaces/buckminster-research/tp-full/features/org.eclipse.rcp): Missing CSpec source
> required by component type eclipse.feature
> Errors and Warnings
> E [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in resourceMap
> E [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.plugins
> E [0001] : Rejecting provider
> E [0001] : No suitable provider for component org.eclipse.rcp:eclipse.feature was found in searchPath local.features
> E [0001] : Resolution attempt ended with exception: Provider
> component type eclipse.feature: Provider
>
>
> I also tried a p2 reader, but that one obviously complains that there is no valid p2 repo there (the metadata is missing).
>
> Any help is very much appreciated.
Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory [message #723919 is a reply to message #723913] Fri, 09 September 2011 21:07 Go to previous message
Lothar Werzinger is currently offline Lothar WerzingerFriend
Thomas Hallgren wrote on Fri, 09 September 2011 13:46
Hi Lothar,

Why would you ever want to read from a target platform rather than from a p2 repository?

- thomas

When I create my initial TP it goes forth to multiple p2 sites to gather what I want for my single sourced application. That TP is great, except that I need to exclude certain plugins for either the RAP or RCP builds.
So what I want to do is to create these subset TPs. However I don't want to go and download all the stuff again from the p2 sites and rather use what was materialized in the full TP earlier.

I even tried to convert the initial TP to a p2 site with a buckminster perform, but that fails as I instructed buckminster to skip the org.apache.commons.logging.source bundles doe to the problems creating the full TP.

That's when I started trying to create the subset TPs directly from the materialized TP.

P.S.
Here's a snippet of the log, when I try to build the p2 site after I (successfully) materialized the full TP
[workspace] $ java -Dbuckminster.output.root=/var/lib/hudson/jobs/test/workspace/buckminster.output -Dbuckminster.temp.root=/var/lib/hudson/jobs/test/workspace/buckminster.temp -Xmx256m -Dworkspace_loc=bm-workspace -jar /var/lib/hudson/tools/Buckminster_3.6/buckminster/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar -application org.eclipse.buckminster.cmdline.headless -data /var/lib/hudson/jobs/test/workspace//bm-workspace --loglevel debug -S /var/lib/hudson/jobs/test/workspace/commands.txt
import 'bm-workspace/biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform/tp-full.mspec'
Platform install location: /var/lib/hudson/tools/Buckminster_3.6/buckminster
Target platform provided by class org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.internal.PDETargetPlatform
WARN:  Target platform directory 'bm-workspace/tp-full/' does not exist and will be created
Preference 'targetPlatformPath' set to the value 'bm-workspace/tp-full/'
Doing full workspace refresh

... (stuff deleted)

Processing changes in target platform locations...
INFO:  Resetting target platform Directory bm-workspace/tp-full/
Done processing changes in target platform locations
INFO:  Import complete.
perform 'biz.tradescape.mmt.targetplatform#site.p2'
Waiting for jobs to end
No component named org.apache.commons.logging.source:osgi.bundle/[1.0.4.v201101211617,1.0.4.v201101211617] is known to Buckminster
Previous Topic:Using Buckminster with Ivy dependency declarations
Next Topic:Re: How to configure a reader to read from a target platform directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:00:53 GMT 2024