Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » NullPointerException registering extensions
NullPointerException registering extensions [message #723819] Fri, 09 September 2011 15:02 Go to next message
john.libby is currently offline john.libbyFriend
I am having trouble migrating a birt project into a spring project. So far, I have birt integrated and working on generating a report. However, I am getting the following NPE:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.manifest.ResultExtensionExplorer.addAllExtensions(ResultExtensionExplorer.java:541)
   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.manifest.ResultExtensionExplorer.(ResultExtensionExplorer.java:122)
   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.manifest.ResultExtensionExplorer.getInstance(ResultExtensionExplorer.java:86)
   at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl.getValidationContext(DataEngineImpl.java:764)
   at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.OdaDataSetRuntime.(OdaDataSetRuntime.java:56)

I can include more of the stack trace if it helps. It seems that within ResultExtensionExplorer, this line of code:

IExtension[] extensions = ManifestExplorer.getExtensions( DTP_ODA_DYNAMIC_RESULT_SETS_EXT_POINT );

is returning null. I'm guessing that there is some sort of configuration that I have not migrated properly into the destination project. Can anyone point me to possible configurations I should be looking at?
Re: NullPointerException registering extensions [message #724567 is a reply to message #723819] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

John,

Can you give some more detail on how you integrating the two? What
version of spring and what version of BIRT?

Jason

On 9/9/2011 11:02 AM, john.libby wrote:
> I am having trouble migrating a birt project into a spring project. So
> far, I have birt integrated and working on generating a report. However,
> I am getting the following NPE:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.manifest.ResultExtensionExplorer.addAllExtensions(ResultExtensionExplorer.java:541)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.manifest.ResultExtensionExplorer.(ResultExtensionExplorer.java:122)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.spec.manifest.ResultExtensionExplorer.getInstance(ResultExtensionExplorer.java:86)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl.getValidationContext(DataEngineImpl.java:764)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.OdaDataSetRuntime.(OdaDataSetRuntime.java:56)
>
>
> I can include more of the stack trace if it helps. It seems that within
> ResultExtensionExplorer, this line of code:
>
> IExtension[] extensions = ManifestExplorer.getExtensions(
> DTP_ODA_DYNAMIC_RESULT_SETS_EXT_POINT );
>
> is returning null. I'm guessing that there is some sort of configuration
> that I have not migrated properly into the destination project. Can
> anyone point me to possible configurations I should be looking at?
>
Re: NullPointerException registering extensions [message #724580 is a reply to message #724567] Mon, 12 September 2011 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john.libby is currently offline john.libbyFriend
I fixed it, sorry. Somehow my classpath got mangled and the birt runtime jar was not available.
Re: NullPointerException registering extensions [message #724626 is a reply to message #724580] Mon, 12 September 2011 16:42 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Thanks for the update.

Jason

On 9/12/2011 11:36 AM, john.libby wrote:
> I fixed it, sorry. Somehow my classpath got mangled and the birt runtime
> jar was not available.
Previous Topic:Re: Format axis label
Next Topic:Mysql connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:45:47 GMT 2024