Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Help!!! Issue with flat data file(Birt doesn't show correct chart when use flat data file)
Help!!! Issue with flat data file [message #723663] Fri, 09 September 2011 05:51 Go to next message
qin_ye_huang is currently offline qin_ye_huangFriend
Hi,

I'm using BIRT 2.6 in eclipse helios. I use flat data file to show a scatter chart. These are steps:

1) create a data source with flat data file with dynamic sub folder and file name, sub folder and file name are passed as report parameters.

2) if I set x-axis range from -1000 to 1000, then data only show on x-axis with x>0. So I have to do a calculation on x-axis with row[X]+1000

3) data not showing up correct with more than 20 points. Please see attached for detailed setting and result.

This is urgent! Please help!

Thanks,
Wendy

Re: Help!!! Issue with flat data file [message #723802 is a reply to message #723663] Fri, 09 September 2011 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

I'm guessing you're having a grouping issue since the last 21st row's x value is the same as an x value from another row. In your chart editor, if you go to the select data tab and click on the grouping and sorting button next to the x-axis category and unselect the check box for grouping, you'll probably get the desired results.

Regards,

Michael

Contributor on
http://www.birt-exchange.org

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
icon14.gif  Re: Help!!! Issue with flat data file [message #723818 is a reply to message #723802] Fri, 09 September 2011 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qin_ye_huang is currently offline qin_ye_huangFriend
Hi Michael,

You are absolutely right! Now it's working.

Thanks a lot,
Wendy
Very Happy
Re: Help!!! Issue with flat data file [message #723849 is a reply to message #723818] Fri, 09 September 2011 16:38 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Not a problem! Smile

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Show summary so far on each detail line
Next Topic:Calculate a row value in a script
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:51:34 GMT 2024