Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Including library and dependencies(which options exists and how to do about including new libraries and dependencies on Eclipse)
Including library and dependencies [message #723450] Thu, 08 September 2011 15:17 Go to next message
demetrio  is currently offline demetrio Friend

I am new in C++. I came from C# and Java world. I tried the example from codeproject called "JSON Spirit: A C++ JSON Parser/Generator Implemented with Boost Spirit" and it`s working perfectly when I used that in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. But, I expended two days and I couldn't do the same in Eclipse Indigo over Linux Ubuntu.
I installed Boost in my Linux, included it in my project and some boost`s command (example BOOST_FOREACH) are working perfectly.
But, I can't run the example I downloaded from codeproject and I believe that it's happening because I don't know how properly include libraries in Eclipse. Could someone indicate me how to include libraries in Eclipse? I have no idea how use GCC C++ Compiler and GCC C++ Linker on Properties>>Settings window. I know that there are difference between previous compiled code and already compiled code.
I could include Boost and Curl because I followed some tutorials, but I don't know exactly what I have done. And, now, I couldn't run the codeproject example in Eclipse/linux as I've done in Visual Studio.
If someone know some tutorial for begginers about which options exists and how to do about including new libraries and dependencies on Eclipse will be very helpful. If someone has already used the Spirit library and could give some suggestion about make the example work on Eclipse/Linux, it will be nice as well.
Re: Including library and dependencies [message #723671 is a reply to message #723450] Fri, 09 September 2011 06:32 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#Adding_C.2FC.2B.2B_External_Libraries

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:How to search resources selected in the projects view ?
Next Topic:Method does not appear in the JUnit test
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:13:30 GMT 2024