Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider(http://www.actuate.com/democenter/a10/flashdash.swf)
Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #723091] Wed, 07 September 2011 15:35 Go to next message
Anurag  is currently offline Anurag Friend
Hello,

Is there any tutorial/help/documentation available which shows the functionality similar to the file attached.

As you can see this has a on-screen slider. With the movement of slider you can dynamically change line chart or bar chart. I won't mind even if the gadgets used are not flash gadgets.

Thank you.

Anurag
Re: Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #723581 is a reply to message #723091] Thu, 08 September 2011 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

So, you're wanting to do this with Eclipse BIRT or with Actuate BIRT? With Actuate BIRT, you could use the JSAPI to switch this, I believe. With open source BIRT, you could simply reload the report and have one of each chart type in your report and set the visibility depending on the slider value. How are you deploying BIRT into your project?

Regards,

Michael

Contributor on
http://www.birt-exchange.org

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis

[Updated on: Thu, 08 September 2011 21:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #723704 is a reply to message #723581] Fri, 09 September 2011 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Michael,

Thank you for reply. I want to do this with Eclipse BIRT only (not with Actuate BIRT). I am using BIRT 3.7 in Tomcat 6 container (server).

Regards,

Anurag
Re: Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #723707 is a reply to message #723704] Fri, 09 September 2011 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which chart type to use to achieve similar thing as I see there are no chart types which has needle, or slider, or scroll bar. Of course chart type Meter has needle but how to use it? Any resources?

Thank you.

Anurag
Re: Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #723834 is a reply to message #723707] Fri, 09 September 2011 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I created an example using open source BIRT that uses client side script to take a radio button input and decide which chart to show. This would be similar to what you could do if you found a slider to use. I'll post a link to it as soon as I get it posted on the birt-exchange devShare.

Michael

Re: Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #723848 is a reply to message #723834] Fri, 09 September 2011 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Here it is:

http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1412-showhide-chart-with-radio-button/

Michael

Re: Dynamically change line chart or bar chart with on-screen slider [message #724399 is a reply to message #723848] Mon, 12 September 2011 09:34 Go to previous message
Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking efforts and all your assistance. I will go through the example you have given.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Anurag
Previous Topic:Calculate a row value in a script
Next Topic:split(".") does not work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:46:07 GMT 2024