Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to ensure the correct application is tested
How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #722306] Mon, 05 September 2011 10:20 Go to next message
Sebastian Hegewald is currently offline Sebastian HegewaldFriend
We want to test our rcp application through jubula.
One question that still exists is, how to ensure that the correct application will be tested?

We start our test in an virtual Windows 7 by a call of the testexecutor through a Jenkins job. This work so far.

Just one problem. If inside of the virtual machine a window is open and in foreground (e.g. an Windows Explorer) then the testexecutor tests this window.
Also a restart of our application through the testexecutor brings no success.

Is there a solution to test which application is in foreground and to change to our desired application?

Thanks
Sebastian

Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #722312 is a reply to message #722306] Mon, 05 September 2011 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I'd recommend taking a look at this blog entry, specifically the part about switching AUTs:
http://www.bredex.de/web/index.php/blog_article_de/items/using-jubula-to-test-multiple-applications.html

Best regards,
Alex

[Updated on: Wed, 01 February 2012 06:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #722320 is a reply to message #722312] Mon, 05 September 2011 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Schladebeck wrote on Mon, 05 September 2011 06:55
Hi,

I'd recommend taking a look at this blog entry, specifically the part about switching AUTs:

Best regards,
Alex

Yes, i just read it before and used it. But the problem is that under Windows 7 the last entry in the application list is always the desktop. Thus i always switch between the windows desktop and the primarily open window (e.g. Windows Exlporer).

Thanks
Sebastian

Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #722336 is a reply to message #722320] Mon, 05 September 2011 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

On my Windows 7 system, Alt+Shift+Tab takes me through all open windows in order, without ever going to the desktop. The only thing I can think of in this case is that it is configurable for the system.

Does that help at all?

Alex
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #722924 is a reply to message #722336] Wed, 07 September 2011 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Schladebeck wrote on Mon, 05 September 2011 08:13
Hi,

On my Windows 7 system, Alt+Shift+Tab takes me through all open windows in order, without ever going to the desktop. The only thing I can think of in this case is that it is configurable for the system.

Does that help at all?

Alex

Hi,

it just works after setting the ALT+TAB behaviour of Windows 7 to the old style Windows XP behaviour.

I just need to add a new key in the registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

And added the following REG_DWORD value:

AltTabSettings=1
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #723352 is a reply to message #722924] Thu, 08 September 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Pleased it works now, and thanks for posting the solution!

Cheers,
Alex
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #756244 is a reply to message #722306] Fri, 11 November 2011 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp M. Fischer is currently offline Philipp M. FischerFriend
HI there,

Initially it sounded like an easy way to use the ALT+SHIFT+TAB. But unfortunately i just got the ALT+TAB working... for ALT+SHIFT+TAB i have not found a way of creatinga test case... Changing the registry is not an option... is there any other way...

Cheers

Phil
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #756286 is a reply to message #756244] Fri, 11 November 2011 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp M. Fischer is currently offline Philipp M. FischerFriend
Hello again,

finally after some try-and-error i've found a way that works fine for me. Actually I am using the beforemetioned approach of trying to activate the application by clicking its titlebar. In case it fails an event handler is issuing an ALT+SHIFT+TAB to cycle through the windows. Since there is no test-case for ALT+SHIFT+{key} i created a little .EXE sending out such a key combination. My event handler is calling this .EXE. Alltogether it works fine... I create the .EXE using Visual Basic but should be easy with other languages as well:

Sub Main()
        My.Computer.Keyboard.SendKeys("%+{TAB}", True)
        REM Dim path As String = Directory.GetCurrentDirectory()
        REM MsgBox(path)
 End Sub

The two lines commented out can be used to get information of the current working directory. This was helpful to execute the .EXE using a relative path.

Still it's a hack and i would prefer having a test case that can handle ALT+SHIFT+{key}.

Hope this helps...

Phil
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #1782283 is a reply to message #722336] Wed, 21 February 2018 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sangeeta patil is currently offline sangeeta patilFriend
HEllo,

I am not an user of JUBULa but i use RCPTT for testing my application.

I found in jubula group that many of them have used ALT-TAB to shift to different applications

i am trying to shift focus on my AUT(Application under test) by simple ALT-TAB.
But i dont know how to write this in a script(in RCPTT)

I use below lines but it dint work
with [get-editor "Editor name" | get-canvas] {

key-type "ALT+TAB"
}
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #1782290 is a reply to message #1782283] Wed, 21 February 2018 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello sangeeta patil,

you are in the Wrong Forum please use the forum for RCPTT https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=281
Re: How to ensure the correct application is tested [message #1782332 is a reply to message #1782290] Thu, 22 February 2018 05:44 Go to previous message
sangeeta patil is currently offline sangeeta patilFriend
Thanks Marvin.
sorry to post in wrong forum
Previous Topic:Want to extend Jubula to work with KTable
Next Topic:"Point to click is outside of component" When select "File" menu by texpath on U
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:25:22 GMT 2024