Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Can't create plan project as described in Programmer Guide
Can't create plan project as described in Programmer Guide [message #721678] Fri, 02 September 2011 14:23 Go to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
According to the Programmer Guide (for both 2.1.1 and 3.0.0),
Quote:
This is done by creating a new faceted project and then applying the OSGi Plan facet.

However, after doing it I get this error:

Nature org.eclipse.virgo.ide.facet.core.plannature is missing prerequisite nature org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.springnature.

Adding the facet to a Spring project works.

Virgo IDE version is the latest snapshot.
Re: Can't create plan project as described in Programmer Guide [message #721729 is a reply to message #721678] Fri, 02 September 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

This is a bug, I'm guessing it got introduced during the donation, a lot of the Spring STS (including Spring IDE) code got changed to reduce the dependency. Eventually we hope to make the Virgo tooling completely independent of Spring IDE. It would be great if you could raise this as a bug on the Virgo project. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=GW%2FVirgo%20Bugs

Thanks, Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Can't create plan project as described in Programmer Guide [message #721858 is a reply to message #721729] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356656
Re: Can't create plan project as described in Programmer Guide [message #722294 is a reply to message #721858] Mon, 05 September 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Excellent, thank you.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Can't create plan project as described in Programmer Guide [message #722324 is a reply to message #722294] Mon, 05 September 2011 11:37 Go to previous message
After creating a plan from a Spring project, I don't get a .plan file. I can add one manually, and it has a special icon in Package Explorer, but 1) plan editor is just XML editor; 2) it can't be added to the server in the "Add and Remove" dialog. Is this as intended?

EDIT: scratch 2, I could add it after an Eclipse restart.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2011 13:28]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Installing artifacts from Eclipse projects into Virgo manually
Next Topic:Failure invoking bundle.loadClass(String clazz) in version M06 and higher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:17:52 GMT 2024