Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF
Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #721601] Fri, 02 September 2011 09:04 Go to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
When using "Export > EclipseRT > Bundle Project" (this is provided by Virgo, right?) I get this warning:

JAR export finished with warnings. See details for additional information.
ru.focusmedia.odp.ssd.db/src/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF was replaced by the generated MANIFEST.MF and is no longer in the JAR.

And the generated MANIFEST.MF is useless: the result actually isn't an OSGi bundle. Of course, I can get the correct result by "Export > Java > JAR file" and setting "Use existing manifest from workspace", but then I need to manually change version number in .jardesc. Is there a way to export Bundle Project correctly?
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #721726 is a reply to message #721601] Fri, 02 September 2011 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

This sounds like a bug in the exporter. Are you using Bundlor, if so you might need to update some settings names, I can help you if this is the case. This will hopefully be automated in the future for people coming across from the existing tools. Please remember the new tools, as donated to Eclipse, have only done a single milestone release, lots of ruff edges.

Chris

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #721859 is a reply to message #721726] Sat, 03 September 2011 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to check this on Monday.
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #722346 is a reply to message #721859] Mon, 05 September 2011 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Are you using Bundlor, if so you might need to update some settings names

Yes, but if you mean changes at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Virgo/Tooling#Migration, nothing seems to apply:

1. There is no .settings/com.springsource.server.ide.bundlor.core.prefs or .settings/org.eclipse.virgo.ide.bundlor.core.prefs file
2. Other changes are already done.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 September 2011 13:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #722572 is a reply to message #721726] Tue, 06 September 2011 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is the project.
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #722670 is a reply to message #722572] Tue, 06 September 2011 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Hi,

I've had a play with that and I consider it a serious bug in the Bundlor tooling support. I have raised bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356807 for it.

To get around your original problem I've looked at some old information about the tooling, you should be able to tell your plan project which workspace pojects it depends on then the whole process of making them available to the plan when the plan is deployed, using the tools, automatic.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #722696 is a reply to message #722670] Tue, 06 September 2011 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
> I have raised bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356807 for it.

Thank you!

> you should be able to tell your plan project which workspace pojects it depends on then the whole process of making them available to the plan when the plan is deployed, using the tools, automatic

Right, after adding them to Project References and Projects tab of Java Build Path it seems to work Smile Except it isn't picking up one of the projects for some reason, but I can deploy it separately (and look for an explanation later). Thanks!
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #797894 is a reply to message #722696] Tue, 14 February 2012 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
OK, this looks finally to be fixed. Naturally you'll have to wait for the build to hit. Alexey, note that your project didn't specify a src directory, so you probably wouldn't get a usable jar out of the sample file (META-INF ends up at the root) but when you add a Java class, things work fine.
Re: Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF [message #798019 is a reply to message #797894] Tue, 14 February 2012 06:12 Go to previous message
Thanks!
Previous Topic:greenpages 2.5.0 on Virgo 3.1.0 org.h2.Driver ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Remote Virgo server sending a 404
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:19:41 GMT 2024