Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails(Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails)
Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #720886] Wed, 31 August 2011 12:41 Go to next message
Maria Neise is currently offline Maria NeiseFriend
Hey,
I wanted to try out the sample application GreenPages. When I wanted to build the package with mvn package I got an error, that some downloads can't be found (I attached a screenshot). I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Cheers,
Maria
Re: Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #721041 is a reply to message #720886] Wed, 31 August 2011 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

From the screen shot it seems as maven is trying to fetch bundlor from nexus:8081 and the unsuccessful attempt is cached.

Can you delete the local maven repository (usually under <home folder>/.m2/repository) and try again?
Re: Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #721195 is a reply to message #721041] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
thanks for your advice. I deleted the directory "repository" and then tried mvn package again. I am still getting an error. I attached a screenshot again.

Cheers,
Maria
Re: Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #721201 is a reply to message #721195] Thu, 01 September 2011 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

The problem may be caused by missing proxy settings for Maven.

Since you are using Nexus I would assume that you have a build environment that restricts external access.

You can check this Maven guide for setting a proxy. You'll have to add this to your project or the general settings (located in <user folder>/.m2/settings.xml).

Re: Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #721219 is a reply to message #721201] Thu, 01 September 2011 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
I added the proxy to my settings.xml:

<proxies>
<proxy>
<active>true</active>
<protocol>http</protocol>
<host>proxy</host>
<port>8080</port>
</proxy>
</proxies>

Unfortunately I am still getting the same error. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?
Re: Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #721230 is a reply to message #721219] Thu, 01 September 2011 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you are using plugin repositories, and I bet you do since you are using Nexus, you may try this as a quick solution:

1. Rename your settings.xml
  2. Create an empty settings.xml with proxy settings you already have
  3. Start the build

To fix your original settings.xml you may have to create a separate profile and use it for projects requiring external access.
Re: Build of Sample Application GreenPages fails [message #721236 is a reply to message #721230] Thu, 01 September 2011 08:44 Go to previous message
Yes, you were right. Now it is working.
Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Maria
Previous Topic:Virgo 3 and Virgo IDE
Next Topic:Service scope for non-scoped plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 20:01:44 GMT 2024