Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Sass/SCSS editor support (feature request)
Sass/SCSS editor support (feature request) [message #720323] Tue, 30 August 2011 11:26 Go to next message
Thomas Meyer is currently offline Thomas MeyerFriend
Hi everybody,

I'd just like to point to a feature request I've just submitted for SCSS support in the CSS editor:
bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=356177

SCSS is a very powerful extension to the CSS styntax and adds nested rules,
variables, mixins, selector inheritance, and more, see: sass-lang.com

I wonder if anybody else is interested in this, I'm personally relying more and more on it and would love to have good integration into Eclipse.

Best, Thomas.

(sorry, can't post links yet)
Re: Sass/SCSS editor support (feature request) [message #997294 is a reply to message #720323] Sat, 05 January 2013 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshua Stoutenburg is currently offline Joshua StoutenburgFriend
I voted for the issue regarding sass support.

I don't know if it fits in this project, but I wouldn't know where else to put it. I use Sass, but I'm not a ruby developer. I'm a web developer. And I use Sass to better organize my styles for web applications. Has nothing to do with ruby other than Sass is written in ruby. It's a command like any other command. It's a syntax almost like CSS. If it doesn't go in Web Tools I don't know where else it would go. I've been Googling for almost an hour now and haven't found a solid solution.

Sass support should include, at minimum, syntax highlighting, and compiler configuration.

I don't know enough about Eclipse to develop this, so I'm really hoping someone will pick up the torch and run with it.
Re: Sass/SCSS editor support (feature request) [message #1734964 is a reply to message #997294] Tue, 14 June 2016 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ned Martin is currently offline Ned MartinFriend
Several years later and I have just spent quite a while looking for a way to get SCSS files to work in Eclipse (by work, I mean basic syntax highlighting) and it seems there is no way.

Can this be supported?

SCSS (and to a lesser extent, LESS) have pretty much overtaken CSS as the used technology for web styling. I can't imagine very many people still want a plain CSS editor.
Re: Sass/SCSS editor support (feature request) [message #1800523 is a reply to message #1734964] Tue, 01 January 2019 11:23 Go to previous message
Reinhardt Christiansen is currently offline Reinhardt ChristiansenFriend
I realize that this is an old thread but just thought I should mention the existence of instructions for how to get the SASS/SCSS pre-processor from Ruby working in Eclipse.

https://ducfilan.wordpress.com/2017/01/25/how-to-auto-compile-sassscss-files-in-eclipse/comment-page-1/

I'm not personally endorsing these instructions yet because I haven't gotten them to work yet. The article is for a Mac environment but there is a relatively recent note by a J. Knight on how to get it to work in Windows too. I am working in Windows and have followed the instructions but it doesn't seem to be working yet; I suspect some minor typos in the instructions.

I've added a note with some clarifications (using one of my secret identities) to that website now that I've figure out how to get it working in my version of Eclipse (2018-09). (Or rather I've submitted clarifications but they are awaiting moderation.)

[Updated on: Tue, 01 January 2019 13:00]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Dynamic Web Project
Next Topic:I keep seeing this error repeated on new installation of Servoy.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:44:07 GMT 2024