Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to populate a member class with a specific type?(How to use GMF diagram )
How to populate a member class with a specific type? [message #720282] Tue, 30 August 2011 10:12 Go to next message
Lucian Apetre is currently offline Lucian ApetreFriend
Hello,
I have a big problem, I don't know how to populate the drop down list that appears on "hasPrompt" property of the "State" class with objects of type "Prompt".
I have 2 GMF projects:
Project 1 contains State class, State class "imports" and "contains(hasPrmopt)" objects of type Prompt like described below:
index.php/fa/3812/0/

Project 2 describes the "Prompt" class:
index.php/fa/3813/0/

I created the dependencies of the project1 to project2 and launched project1.
Inside project1 I create a "promptmodel"(name of the project1 element) with "PromptProvider" and "Promp" like described below:
index.php/fa/3814/0/

Also in the project1 I have created a "State" object that contains besides the other members, also "hasPrompt":
index.php/fa/3815/0/

I expect to populate the drop down list that appears next to "hasPrompt" property with the "Prompt" objects(3rd image). The drop down list is always empty. Can anyone have an ideea on how do I manage to populate "hasPrompts" property of the State object with the "Prompt" objects?

I very much apreciate any help.
Thank you

• Attachment: vtool.bmp
    (Size: 337.94KB, Downloaded 398 times)
  • Attachment: prompts.bmp
    (Size: 249.06KB, Downloaded 494 times)
  • Attachment: promptmodel.bmp
    (Size: 134.12KB, Downloaded 394 times)
  • Attachment: state.bmp
    (Size: 780.46KB, Downloaded 433 times)
Re: How to populate a member class with a specific type? [message #720414 is a reply to message #720282] Tue, 30 August 2011 14:32 Go to previous message
Lucian Apetre is currently offline Lucian ApetreFriend
I think the solution is to corelate(link somehow) the class "Prompt" from the first picture(project1) to the class "Prompt" of the second picture(project2).
So the question remains how to add a type created in a project(pic2) in another project(pic1).
Previous Topic:Procedure for creating a node programmaticlally
Next Topic:Change the order of parameters that are displayed on property window in GMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:03:10 GMT 2024