Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » filtering comboviewer on linux and mac(Is it possible to filter combo choices on linux and mac)
filtering comboviewer on linux and mac [message #719994] Mon, 29 August 2011 16:09
Mark Fishman is currently offline Mark FishmanFriend
This is a pretty basic question but I could not find anything about it on the forum so I figured that I would ask. I have a comboviewer for which I implemented a auto-complete capability by adding a viewerfilter and a keylistener to it. What I mean by auto-complete is that as the user types in the combo, I want the choices in the combo's pull down to filter down to just the set that contains the string that I have typed. Using a ViewerFilter and KeyListener combination worked great on Windows to get this effect but when I tested the same solution on Linux and Mac the filtering seemed to be ignored.

My question is, should have using a viewerfilter and keylistener worked on these platforms? I just want to know whether I should be looking for a bug in my implementation or whether changing the combo choices once the combo is expanded is just not supported on these platforms and I need to consider using the AutoCompleteField or some other solution instead.

Thanks.

-- Mark
Previous Topic:GridLayout Problems in Forms
Next Topic:[Forms] Header layout problem caused by message icons
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:20:06 GMT 2024