Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » [MWE] Code Cleanup after Generation(Apply SaveActions to generated files. )
[MWE] Code Cleanup after Generation [message #718871] Thu, 25 August 2011 14:30 Go to next message
Daniel Missing name is currently offline Daniel Missing nameFriend
Hi, it's me again.

In Eclipse JDT you can setup several save-actions (save participants) which optimize your java code as configured on each file save (formatting, code cleanup, semantic modifications). That's exactly I'd like to do to my generated Java Code.

To ensure the generated code follows the configured guidelines I want to simply trigger those configured save-actions to each file after generation. I already implemented my own FileSystemAccess which does a simple code formatting before the saving but this simple string-in and string-out does not seem to be possible for save-actions.

Has anyone an idea how to apply the save actions to all generated files? The main problem is: The save actions rely on the jdt.ui plugins and use a lot of UI specific stuff. Of course I want my compiler to work standalone.

Does anyone know how I can simulate those Save-Actions?

Cheers
Daniel

[Updated on: Thu, 25 August 2011 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [MWE] Code Cleanup after Generation [message #900999 is a reply to message #718871] Thu, 09 August 2012 11:27 Go to previous message
Max Schmidt is currently offline Max SchmidtFriend
Hi there,

did you found a way to solve your problem?
Previous Topic:issue at opening files or at startup of eclipse
Next Topic:Problem with LazyLinkingResource.getEObject()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:54:07 GMT 2024