Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Software update doesn't work at all(Software updates / install new plugins cannot connect to remote sites)
Software update doesn't work at all [message #718688] Thu, 25 August 2011 04:38 Go to next message
Gabriel  is currently offline Gabriel Friend
I have upgraded to Eclipse platform 3.7.0 on Mac OS X Lion. Ever since running this version, I am unable to use the built-in software update or plugin installation mechanisms. Every time I try I get the following error:

Quote:
'Contacting Software Sites' has encountered a problem. Some sites could not be found. See the error log for more detail.

Error while reading from repository: http download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7/site.xml.
Error while reading from repository: http download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo/site.xml.

(update urls mangled above in order to let the post through)

Running on Mac OS X 10.7.1.

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_26"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-383-11A511)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-383, mixed mode)

The error does not occur when running the previous version of Eclipse (3.6.x) in the same environment.
Re: Software update doesn't work at all [message #806923 is a reply to message #718688] Sat, 25 February 2012 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jay Rafferty is currently offline Jay RaffertyFriend
I know this was posted a long time ago but this post kept on coming up when I was having the exact same problem - it frustrated me for a good 6 hours as it was preventing me from installing ADT.

Finally I found the following post on stackoverflow: stackoverflow.com/questions/6651653/install-new-software-on-eclipse-not-working-on-mac

All you need to do is delete /Library/Java/Extensions/log4j-1.2.15.jar

I really think this is a bug that an extension can completely break eclipse without any meaningful error reported at all. Hope this saved someone some time.
Re: Software update doesn't work at all [message #879677 is a reply to message #806923] Thu, 31 May 2012 16:12 Go to previous message
Didier Stockmans is currently offline Didier StockmansFriend
Thnx man! I've been google'n this problem for days..
Previous Topic:java.lang.Enum cannot be resolved.
Next Topic:Maven and Eclipse: there is no way to import the glassfish projet (100's of modules) using Eclipse.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:00:45 GMT 2024