Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX(Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX)
Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718227] Tue, 23 August 2011 16:28 Go to next message
CathyScott Mising name is currently offline CathyScott Mising nameFriend
I have an RCP app built for for Windows and MacOSx.

It uses native code and I have a plugin that uses the Bundle-NativeCode directive.

The following is my directive currently;-

/my913.dll; osname=win32;processor=x86, /my913.jnilib;osname=MacOSX; processor=x86; processor=x86_64, processor=ppc

This works fine on Windows and Mac OS Snow Leopard and Lion

However I have several users running Leopard 10.5.8 who are getting missing host null_0.0.0 messages.

At least one of these is running with an Intel chip and one with ppc.

I have based the RCP app on the RCP 3.5.2 feature.

Any ideas please?
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718237 is a reply to message #718227] Tue, 23 August 2011 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
The strange null_0.0.0 messages are because of bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=346528. The errors for native code headers were not getting reported correctly for the error message.

I'm not really sure why the bundle is not resolving for you on Leopard. It may help if you could run with -console -noexit and then run the "props" command at the osgi> prompt. In particular I am interested to know what the org.osgi.framework.* property values are. These are the values that get used to match against the Bundle-Native code headers.

Tom.
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718268 is a reply to message #718227] Tue, 23 August 2011 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BJ Hargrave is currently offline BJ HargraveFriend
How did you build the native code? Did you use XCode for Leopard? If you used XCode for Snow Leopard it is quite likely the native code wont load on Leopard. Or you may need to use specific compiler/linker settings to enable this.
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718270 is a reply to message #718268] Tue, 23 August 2011 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right now I doubt it is an issue with the way the native code is built because of the strange missing host error messages which indicate the bundle did not resolve. If the bundle is not able to resolve then we cannot even get to the point where the native code is able to be loaded. But I should have confirmed that. Is the bundle able to resolve? I assume the error message you are getting indicates that the bundle is not resolved.

Tom.
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718286 is a reply to message #718237] Tue, 23 August 2011 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok - I will talk my users through doing this and let you know the results. Unfortunately I don't have a Leopard machine and have not been able to replicate this on Snow Leopard..
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718289 is a reply to message #718268] Tue, 23 August 2011 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I built it using gnu make. The binary is a 32-bit binary as I am running in a 32-bit jvm. But that's the case on both Leopard and Snow Leopard.
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #718293 is a reply to message #718270] Tue, 23 August 2011 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No the bundle does not resolve.

I have just realised that the user is running Java 1.5 whilst the bundle requires 1.6. I'm going to ask them to upgrade Java..

Could that cause this issue? I didn't look at this earlier as I was distracted by the error message about the hostid.. but it is an obvious error..
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #719912 is a reply to message #718293] Mon, 29 August 2011 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the bundle has a Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment header that specifies JavaSE-1.6 and the framework is run on JavaSE 1.5 then the bundle will not resolve. That is likely the cause for your issues.

Tom.
Re: Bundle-NativeCode on MacOSX [message #719919 is a reply to message #719912] Mon, 29 August 2011 13:11 Go to previous message
Yes - this is exactly what the underlying problem was.

Just the error message of null hostid sent me off on the wrong track.

Thank you very much for pointing out the bug and getting me on the correct track.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Helios crashing after Indigo plugins are plugged into it
Next Topic:Strange entries in 'Installed Software' bookmark
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:42:13 GMT 2024