Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » AspectJ » Help needed! Pointcut advice in AspectJ for control flow statements.(I need help for pointcut advice regarding if,else,switch-case statements.)
Help needed! Pointcut advice in AspectJ for control flow statements. [message #718151] Tue, 23 August 2011 12:25 Go to next message
Thanasis Naskos is currently offline Thanasis NaskosFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to implement an aspect for path and code coverage, using AspectJ!

The problem is that there is no pointcut advice for if,else,switch-case statements. For loops I've found LoopAJ (http://intranet.cs.man.ac.uk/cnc/projects/loopsaj.php) which will do the trick, but I'm wondering if is there any similar tool (or code) for the other statements I've mentioned above.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do something like that, so if you have any other idea for implementing that kind of aspect, please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Regards,
Thanasis

Re: Help needed! Pointcut advice in AspectJ for control flow statements. [message #718700 is a reply to message #718151] Thu, 25 August 2011 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Eisenberg is currently offline Andrew EisenbergFriend
Unfortunately, there is nothing like this in AspectJ. There may be some research projects around that do try to expose the kinds of joinpoints that you are looking for.
Re: Help needed! Pointcut advice in AspectJ for control flow statements. [message #728042 is a reply to message #718151] Thu, 22 September 2011 12:55 Go to previous message
Thanasis Naskos is currently offline Thanasis NaskosFriend
For those who are interested, I've found this project http://www.csg.is.titech.ac.jp/projects/bugdel/index-e.shtml
which is a debugger based on AOP...
They have implemented line pointcut!!!

If it could be executed outside eclipse (e.x. from command prompt), it would fit my needs..

Do you know any alternatives to this tool..??

Thanks a lot!
Previous Topic:encrypt annotation
Next Topic:problem while activating service weaving
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 13:56:26 GMT 2024