Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Facing issues in identifying tree objects and could not connect to AUT agent more than once
Facing issues in identifying tree objects and could not connect to AUT agent more than once [message #717927] Mon, 22 August 2011 18:29 Go to next message
8181  is currently offline 8181 Friend
I use jubula to test a java swing application.
In AUT configuration I define main class and class path and AUT arguments etc.
My Application gets run and some tests gets executed successfully. But I face 3 main issues here.

I have attached image file for issue 1 & 2
1)In my application all nodes are arranged in a tree manner. This tree would be displayed under a grid.
There would be different root node for each organization and each organization would have many subnodes. So I want to select/identify/check some particular node(s)in my tests

When I try to map nodes using object mapping, I dont see Green square around node, and rather I see Green Square around the whole grid. So as a result the technical name of the identified nodes is Table(service,id,...). Because of this I can not map it to my test case which has tree node component.

2)For each node there is a detail window. Here too different links/sections available on this detail window do not get identified using object mapping and rather it identifies the whole editor pane. So I could not make use of it to test it further

3)To run more than one instances of Jubula on the same machine to execute some tests simultaneously, it does not connect to AUT agent for all of them and instead it always connect to port 60000.

I tried to start it from command line. but it does not connect(even to default port)
The command I give is
autrun.exe -p 40000 (current directory was C:\Program Files\jubula_5.1.00156\autrun>)
it gives below error

Missing required options: [-rcp AUT uses RCP toolkit, -swing AUT uses
Swing toolkit, -swt AUT uses SWT toolkit], i, e
usage: autrun [-w <directory>] -rcp | -swing | -swt [-g <true / false>]
[-p <port>] [-a <hostname>] [-k <locale>] [-h] -i <id> -e
<command>

Please advice on how to proceed further to identify any random node using jubula

Thanks
Re: Facing issues in identifying tree objects and could not connect to AUT agent more than once [message #718037 is a reply to message #717927] Tue, 23 August 2011 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello,

The mapping behaviour you are seeing is correct, as described in our FAQ:

Why isn't there a green border around individual tree nodes/table cells/tabbed panes/list items?

"Jubula supports various components, e.g. trees, tables, combo boxes. When you are in the object mapping mode, these components have a green border, and can be mapped. You can only map the components supported by Jubula.

If you specify a Test Step to execute an action on a tree, for example, you have to map the ''tree'' component from the application. How you navigate through the tree (where to click, what to select) is given as parameters in the test.

Similarly, tabbed panes are mapped as the whole pane. To select a specific tab, enter the tab name as a parameter for the tab selection.
"

You can find more information on trees and tree actions in the reference manual:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node22.html

Checking parts of the text in the panel will most likely be easier if you use regular expressions:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/reference/node4.html

The Cheat Sheet (startable from the help menu) for "Testing Trees" also gives you some tips about working with trees in your application.

For your last question:

The AUT Agent is what you need to start on different ports:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node34.html

AUT Run is for starting applications without configuring them:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node76.html

Bear in mind as well, that simultaneous test execution on one machine (screen) is not possible, because Jubula uses the keyboard and mouse for the machine the AUT is running on. To run tests in parallel, I'd recommend using some kind of virtualization. You can run tests after each other using the Test Executor:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node252.html

Or you can run a Test Job that spans different AUTs:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node142.html

HTH!

Alex
Re: Facing issues in identifying tree objects and could not connect to AUT agent more than once [message #718250 is a reply to message #718037] Tue, 23 August 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply
I can now run Autagent.exe from command line with different ports

About
If you specify a Test Step to execute an action on a tree, for example, you have to map the ''tree'' component from the application. How you navigate through the tree (where to click, what to select) is given as parameters in the test.

The issue I see here is, the technical component found by Jubula is a Table and not the Tree. And as in the image attached to the first post, Application shows Tree inside a Table component. So my question is, which component(Tree or Table)should I use in my Test case Editor in order to identify node(using parameter ofcourse) and how?

Because I guess Table component would not allow to select nodes withing a Tree.

I use concrete toolkit and my application is a swing application.

Thanks again
(no subject) [message #718254 is a reply to message #718037] Tue, 23 August 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your reply
I can now run Autagent.exe from command line with different ports

About

The issue I see here is, the technical component found by Jubula is a Table and not the Tree. And as in the image attached to the first post, Application shows Tree inside a Table component. So my question is, which component(Tree or Table)should I use in my Test case Editor in order to identify node(using parameter ofcourse) and how?

Because I guess Table component would not allow to select nodes withing a Tree.

I use concrete toolkit and my application is a swing application.

Thanks again
Re: (no subject) [message #718361 is a reply to message #718254] Wed, 24 August 2011 06:09 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

As the component "tree table" isn't a part of our standard Swing component set, you have two options.

You'll be able to use actions on the component which correspond to its technical type (table). You may want to / have to build modules that will expand nodes for you (or expand them all at once if there is e.g. a key combination to do this) in order to be able to locate cells during testing.

The other option would be to write an extension, or have our team do it for you. This would allow you to test the tree table both using nodes and cells. Information on extensions is in the extension manual: https://s3.amazonaws.com/jubula/extensionapi.zip or you can contact us for a quote for the extension.

Cheers,
Alex
Previous Topic:HTML-Test / Native Browser Dialog
Next Topic:veryyy slow aut configuration with remote auts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:41:02 GMT 2024