Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP Workbench Title Bar Color(RCP Workbench Title Bar Color)
RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #717906] Mon, 22 August 2011 17:00 Go to next message
sudipta ghosh is currently offline sudipta ghoshFriend
Hi All

We have an Eclipse RCP based application based on Eclipse 3.3.2 on windows os.(at present it runs on Windows 7).

We need to change the title bar color from default blue to some thing else like red.

Please help me , how can i change the color.
Re: RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #718089 is a reply to message #717906] Tue, 23 August 2011 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

On 2011-08-22 19:00, sudipta ghosh wrote:
> We have an Eclipse RCP based application based on Eclipse 3.3.2 on
> windows os.(at present it runs on Windows 7).
>
> We need to change the title bar color from default blue to some thing
> else like red.
>
> Please help me , how can i change the color.

You may want to try the approach described in

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/628726/how-to-change-the-color-of-eclipse-rcp-view-title-bar

(Untested)

HTH & Greetings from Bremen,

Daniel Krügler
Re: RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #718095 is a reply to message #718089] Tue, 23 August 2011 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

On 2011-08-23 10:25, Daniel Krügler wrote:
> On 2011-08-22 19:00, sudipta ghosh wrote:
>> We have an Eclipse RCP based application based on Eclipse 3.3.2 on
>> windows os.(at present it runs on Windows 7).
>>
>> We need to change the title bar color from default blue to some thing
>> else like red.
>>
>> Please help me , how can i change the color.
>
> You may want to try the approach described in
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/628726/how-to-change-the-color-of-eclipse-rcp-view-title-bar

I just notice that this would only change the color of the view bar, not
the color of the application bar. What I could find so far is, that
there is no way to configure the application title bar color.

- Daniel Krügler
Re: RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #718274 is a reply to message #717906] Tue, 23 August 2011 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

The color of the application bar is the one that is set in the operating system. If you change the Appearance settings via Control Panel you will see that your rcp application will use them.

Other potential option would be to write your own presentation (follow the links from the stackoverflow). Since I have not done this so far I do not know how much customization will offer this to you.

Can I ask why you need to change this particular color?

Time is what you make of it.
Re: RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #718278 is a reply to message #718274] Tue, 23 August 2011 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudipta ghosh is currently offline sudipta ghoshFriend
We have an Application that has 2 different versions.
Though the title bar shows different title, but still users want
to identify the versions more easily.

That's why the proposal was there if we can change the application title bar color
because color easily attracts human eyes.

Its possible to change in Swing JFrame Title Bar color, so we thought, if it could be done in Eclipse RCP also application also.

thanks

Sudipta

Re: RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #718670 is a reply to message #718278] Thu, 25 August 2011 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andlu  is currently offline andlu Friend
I don't know whether it is right to understand you question ? you can reference the the project of MP3 Manager Maybe it can help you or something. you can find in sourceforge I'm sorry i can't give you the url ,cos "You cannot use links until you have posted more than 5 messages." hehe !
Re: RCP Workbench Title Bar Color [message #718698 is a reply to message #718670] Thu, 25 August 2011 05:33 Go to previous message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

If you want to make the difference between the two different versions of the application then you could use a different ico images in the product configuration.
I know that this does not solve the initial problem, but this way the users can say that indeed the versions are different.

Time is what you make of it.
Previous Topic:Extend the Copy/Paste Command
Next Topic:Unable to find feature.xml file in directory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:31:13 GMT 2024