Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Enabling Bundlor after migration to Virgo IDE
Enabling Bundlor after migration to Virgo IDE [message #717781] Mon, 22 August 2011 10:51 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello everyone.

I am feeling rather silly right now, but I have migrated to the Virgo IDE and I am still having some teething problems, most notable of which is the fact that my project does not have Bundlor activated as part of the build (in each OSGi bundle, I am using Bundlor to generate the manifest), nor do I see a way to activate it from the IDE. In STS, there used to be an "Enable incremental generation of MAINFEST.MF" item in the Spring Tools menu,but not any longer.

Any hint anyone?

TIA,
B.
Re: Enabling Bundlor after migration to Virgo IDE [message #717831 is a reply to message #717781] Mon, 22 August 2011 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Lippert is currently offline Martin LippertFriend
Hi!

I created a new bundle project with the Virgo IDE and I do see this action on the context menu. Seems like your project is somewhat different from mine. Is this an "old" project created with the dm server tooling? Can you try to create a new bundle project in order to verify my observation?

-Martin
Re: Enabling Bundlor after migration to Virgo IDE [message #717838 is a reply to message #717831] Mon, 22 August 2011 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin, hope you are well!

Yes, this is an existing project created with STS. I have not yet tried creating a new project (will do), unfortunately what I really need is to be able to get the existing project to work.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 August 2011 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Enabling Bundlor after migration to Virgo IDE [message #717845 is a reply to message #717838] Mon, 22 August 2011 14:04 Go to previous message
Ah interesting!

I have tried adding a new project, as you suggested, and I see that two project natures are defined in the .project file that gets created:

<nature>org.eclipse.virgo.ide.facet.core.bundlenature</nature>
and
<nature>com.springsource.server.ide.facet.core.bundlenature</nature>

It seems as though both are needed in order to see all options in the Spring Tools menu (including the Bundlor one I was originally after). Is this the case, Martin? Why are both natures needed?
Previous Topic:Debugging bundles on Virgo with Spring Source Tool Suite
Next Topic:Need help in deploying war file in virgo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:59:54 GMT 2024