Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Root domain object linked to Diagram?
Root domain object linked to Diagram? [message #717288] Fri, 19 August 2011 20:26 Go to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
If I'm not mistaken, the Diagram is the root container of the PE (pictogram elements), and inside it we have other PE, some of which are linkd to BO (business objects).
Now, I would have thought that the diagram itself would be linked to one root BO (container of the other BOs) but in the examples this is not so.

Can (should) this be done? It seems more conceptually natural to me - and, further, perhaps I'm interested in having some BO inside my root object that do no have a graphical representation but that could be modified from outside the editor (in a View, for example, or from some external event).

Re: Root domain object linked to Diagram? [message #717425 is a reply to message #717288] Sat, 20 August 2011 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Graf is currently offline Andreas GrafFriend
Hi Hernan,

the Graphiti gurus might have more information in detail. But generally you could
call link(diagram, bo); just as for any other object.

Andreas
Re: Root domain object linked to Diagram? [message #717699 is a reply to message #717425] Mon, 22 August 2011 06:39 Go to previous message
Matthias Gorning is currently offline Matthias GorningFriend
Hi Hernan,
that's right. Diagram is also a PictogramElement, therefore you can link one or more BusinessObjects.

BR,
Matthias
Previous Topic:Adding Shapes Programmatically
Next Topic:Layout Feature with RoundedRectangle as a child
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:01:57 GMT 2024