Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Building a WAR Product
Building a WAR Product [message #717095] Fri, 19 August 2011 09:39 Go to next message
Piotr Slonicz is currently offline Piotr SloniczFriend
Hello all,

I have installed Eclipse Indigo und setup it with RAP 1.4 and WAR Product plugin. An WAR export wizzard works fine, but I would like to know how can I create a .war file without it, i.e. how can I build a complete application WAR outside eclipse (for example in .bat or .sh)?

Thanks for any tips.
Re: Building a WAR Product [message #717623 is a reply to message #717095] Sun, 21 August 2011 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raj  is currently offline Raj Friend
The war product just put the files at the correct location w.r.t to the war file. The files generated by the war product contains contents which you will hardly change.So you can just create the war file through maven and copying the files at the correct location.
Re: Building a WAR Product [message #717692 is a reply to message #717095] Mon, 22 August 2011 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew  is currently offline Andrew Friend
Hi, look at this post http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2011/02/07/how-to-build-a-server-side-equinoxrap-application/ and especially on examples in git repository.
Re: Building a WAR Product [message #717702 is a reply to message #717692] Mon, 22 August 2011 06:58 Go to previous message
Piotr Slonicz is currently offline Piotr SloniczFriend
My idea was to build an application using the WAR plugin, because it looses already all dependencies and packs all together in one file. I thought, using one command and WAR plugin Api I could obtain a war file automaticlly (in stead of coping all files). It is esspecially important in a project consisting many Bundles, I guess.
Thanks for replies, I try to make it using build engine (maven/ant). Is it recommended to use maven in stead of ant or it has no metter?
Previous Topic:org.eclipse.rap.jface.databinding
Next Topic:[ANN] RAP 1.5 M1 is available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:12:50 GMT 2024