Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Problem using Java Search Engine(Can't find what I want)
Problem using Java Search Engine [message #717090] Fri, 19 August 2011 09:15 Go to next message
skywalker.sky is currently offline skywalker.skyFriend
Hi, I am trying to develop a plugin for eclipse and I am trying to use SearchEngine class to find all classes in a project that extend a given class..

I am using this pattern:

SearchPattern.createPattern("package.of.the.class.Class", IJavaSearchConstants.TYPE, IJavaSearchConstants.IMPLEMENTORS, SearchPattern.R_EXACT_MATCH);

Shouldn't this work?
It is only returning classes that extend that class directly, not classes that extend a subclass of that one. How can I have it to do that?

Thank you.
Re: Problem using Java Search Engine [message #717171 is a reply to message #717090] Fri, 19 August 2011 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Look at ITypeHierarchy.
Re: Problem using Java Search Engine [message #717210 is a reply to message #717171] Fri, 19 August 2011 15:43 Go to previous message
skywalker.sky is currently offline skywalker.skyFriend
Thank you, I was able to do it using that interface and searching for each of the subclasses.
Previous Topic:ASTParser setEnvironment which paths to use
Next Topic:How to use ASTRewrite to update/add contents to a method?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:13:07 GMT 2024