Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit PSF problems with Pulse
EGit PSF problems with Pulse [message #716941] Thu, 18 August 2011 20:58 Go to next message
Mike Haney is currently offline Mike HaneyFriend
I added a comment to this bug which was closed as a duplicate, but I wanted to bring the discussion here to make sure it doesn't get missed.

The linked bug was flagged as a duplicate, and it probably wasn't worded the best way to start with, but the basic problem still exists - the Git team project set support is not working with Pulse. According to this thread on the Pulse forums, Genuitec is saying it's a problem with EGit. I'm not sure whether they are referring to the previous lack of PSF file support or if they are saying the current implementation is broken, but either way, I can verify that with the latest nightly builds PSF files are not working with Pulse.

I am going to cross post this on the Pulse forum, and basically I am ready to provide whatever testing or support is needed to get this working, hopefully before the 1.1 release. I have been waiting for this feature a long time, and having it work with Pulse will be a huge step forward in productivity for our team.
Re: EGit PSF problems with Pulse [message #716944 is a reply to message #716941] Thu, 18 August 2011 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
Well, since the PSF files are working standalone, and also with the Workspace Provisioning of Yoxos, i would assume, that the problem is located at Pulse. I don't know, which version of EGit is used in Pulse, but i doubt they use the nightly build. So you have to wait for the 1.1 release (or ask them to use the nightly build).
Re: EGit PSF problems with Pulse [message #716949 is a reply to message #716944] Thu, 18 August 2011 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Haney is currently offline Mike HaneyFriend
I think you are right - I just wanted to bring the issue up on both sides to make sure it doesn't slip through the cracks. Getting workspace provisioning working with Git will be a huge benefit for us.

Re: EGit PSF problems with Pulse [message #717059 is a reply to message #716941] Fri, 19 August 2011 07:18 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Mike Haney skrev 2011-08-18 22.58:
> I added a comment to
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=355013 which was closed as
> a duplicate, but I wanted to bring the discussion here to make sure it
> doesn't get missed.
>
> The linked bug was flagged as a duplicate, and it probably wasn't worded
> the best way to start with, but the basic problem still exists - the Git
> team project set support is not working with Pulse. According to
> http://www.poweredbypulse.com/forums/showthread.php?1501-BUG-eclipse-3.7-svn-vs-git-quot-projects-amp-working-sets-quot
> on the Pulse forums, Genuitec is saying it's a problem with EGit. I'm
> not sure whether they are referring to the previous lack of PSF file
> support or if they are saying the current implementation is broken, but
> either way, I can verify that with the latest nightly builds PSF files
> are not working with Pulse.
>
> I am going to cross post this on the Pulse forum, and basically I am
> ready to provide whatever testing or support is needed to get this
> working, hopefully before the 1.1 release. I have been waiting for this
> feature a long time, and having it work with Pulse will be a huge step
> forward in productivity for our team.

Usuall there is some more information in the workspace log when things
fail with an error message.

-- robin
Previous Topic:global push.default=current not respected?
Next Topic:How to list tags?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:04:23 GMT 2024