Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Error: line not found(While debugging, Source not found, locate source type of bug.)
Error: line not found [message #716840] Thu, 18 August 2011 14:55 Go to next message
John Mising name is currently offline John Mising nameFriend
I suspect that it's stack overflow since I'm doing an awful lot of memory allocation of arrays in an ActionPerformed but not a huge amount.

Just thought I'd throw this one out to the forum since I've really been struggling with Eclipse for the last two days after months of smooth sailing.

Anyway, Eclipse cannot get entirely through a file while debugging. I guess it could be memory.

Is there an option to increase stack-frame?
Thank you.
Re: Error: line not found [message #716878 is a reply to message #716840] Thu, 18 August 2011 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just commented out some code that uses certain Sun apis like ParseDouble, ToString etc.., and at least my code can now run past that point and execute so at this point, I am wondering if it's something deprecated.

So the code that I have has something to do with it but the same code ParseDouble etc.., does run correctly.

Obviously, it might be trying to debug into some JDK source due to an exception but I have no idea what would be wrong with the code. It's not terribly fancy code.

Re: Error: line not found [message #716884 is a reply to message #716878] Thu, 18 August 2011 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm wondering if it's JDK-related. Here is the first line where it says something like "line not available".
JMenu$1(AbstractButton).fireActionPerformed(ActionEvent) line: not available

Is the JDK version like 1.5 instead of 1.6? It says something like source is not connected (meaning to the .jar).
Re: Error: line not found This is no longer urgent thread. [message #716890 is a reply to message #716840] Thu, 18 August 2011 17:31 Go to previous message
Wow, my bad, I was using an uninitialized array of objects and naturally, ParseDouble.ToString read the set values but barfed on the ones not initialized so I set it all to zeros now before using the table.

So the other error was unrelated, and it is NOT a show-stopper. The showstopper was the bad array data in the ParseDouble.ToString types of calls.

So this thread is a done deal, my fault for not initializing my data - golden rule number one and I broke it and suffered.

My fault.
Previous Topic:What r the tools Provided by Eclipse
Next Topic:How to remove a plugin? (indigo)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 11:01:32 GMT 2024