Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » P2 » [Feature Patch] Feature gets installed without the Plugin
[Feature Patch] Feature gets installed without the Plugin [message #716757] Thu, 18 August 2011 10:49 Go to next message
Marc Schlegel is currently offline Marc SchlegelFriend
Hello everyone

I am in the need of patching the current Mylyn-Context.Core Feature, so I checked out the plugin org.eclipse.mylyn.context.core (3.6.1), created a fix and updated the version to 3.6.2.
Afterwards I created a feature-patch project which patches org.eclipse.mylyn.context_feature in version 3.6.1.v20110728-0200.
I added my patched plugin to the dependencies of the feature.

When I export a p2-repository (inlcuding the feature with the plugin that needs the patch) I get a folderstructure that looks correct. All features and plugins are there with the right version.

When I am installing the patch, P2 doesnt complain about missing requirements and installs without errors.
Now the problem is that within the plugins folder of eclipse there is only org.eclipse.mylyn.context.core in version 3.6.1.... but not 3.6.2 hence my plugin isnt working.
The strange part is, that the patch-feature is installed but it doesnt complain about a missing bundle (the patched 3.6.2).

I compared the contents.xml to a patch from the Oracle OEPE Tools and it looks like everything is correct.

Can someone help me out here. I am trying to fix this since two weeks without getting any step further.

Thanks in advance
Marc

P.S. I attached the content.xml from my exported repository

• Attachment: content.xml
    (Size: 16.51KB, Downloaded 428 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2011 10:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Feature Patch] Feature gets installed without the Plugin [message #719849 is a reply to message #716757] Mon, 29 August 2011 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nobody any idea?

I did some more testing and I can also see that only the feature is installed (not the plugin) when I open the Details in the dialog warning me about installing unsigned content.
I really need this to work, but nothing I try seems to work.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 August 2011 08:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Feature Patch] Feature gets installed without the Plugin [message #720780 is a reply to message #719849] Wed, 31 August 2011 08:39 Go to previous message
With some peoples help I found the problem.

I was patching the wrong feature (see bugzilla). I had to patch org.eclipse.mylyn_feature.
Furthermore the version of my patch had to be at least 1.0.0. When it was 0.0.1 the plugin bundle was not installed.

Previous Topic:Re: Ensuring a clean bundle cache on multi-user systems
Next Topic:Uninstall feature followed by reinstall older feature doesn't work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:57:01 GMT 2024