Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Problem marker displays incorrect Resource for error(The file in reported problems is ignored)
Problem marker displays incorrect Resource for error [message #716662] Thu, 18 August 2011 02:53
Timothy Wall is currently offline Timothy WallFriend
When I run my external interpreter, it may include one or more files when it encounters an "include" directive. Any errors reported while parsing those files contain the included file's name and line number of the error.

If I report these errors to an IProblemReporter in my source parser's parse routine, they show up in the problems pane with "Resource" specified as the "main" file, and "Location" specified as that of the included file.

The "Resource" should be the included file, *not* the main file. It is either a bug to display the "main" file as the resource (instead of the included file), or it's a bug to display the location as the error line of the included file.

My project configuration explicitly includes the "main" source file, but does not include the included files in the project sources (to avoid compiling them all on their own). Note that the same error occurs when I have all included files in the project sources list as well, so it's not like the main file is getting stuck in the marker just because the included file isn't within the project sources.

[Updated on: Thu, 18 August 2011 02:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Populating "Problems" Tab
Next Topic:Are there any other debugger engine that DLTK is supporting than Komodo ActiveState?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:06:37 GMT 2024