Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Loading external resource
Loading external resource [message #716259] Tue, 16 August 2011 19:56 Go to next message
janpojer is currently offline janpojerFriend
Hi all,

Is it possible to load an external resource file (one I have created in different emf editor) in to my current gmf project only to iterate through the file and perform appropriate actions? If I try to load external file through...

URI fileURI = URI.createFileURI(absResourcePath);
Resource resource = resourceSet.getResource(fileURI, true);

It throws Package with uri 'http://www.example.org/xxx' not found. Which is expected, cause i dont have such package in my project. The question is if there is another way to load it, or i should rather handle the file as a regular xml file and parse it so...
Am I right that when i load it as i shown in the exampe, the editor tires to model it?

Thanks for a hint...

Jan
Re: Loading external resource [message #716349 is a reply to message #716259] Wed, 17 August 2011 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

this question is completly related to EMF. You can load whatever EMF models you like into a ResourceSet without influencing the GMF-Editor. You can also iterate through such a emf model and manipulate a model opened in a GMF editor.

It would be interesting to see the whole exception you get. You might also try asking in the EMF forum what is wrong with loading your EMF model.

Ralph
Re: Loading external resource [message #716357 is a reply to message #716349] Wed, 17 August 2011 07:13 Go to previous message
janpojer is currently offline janpojerFriend
Thanks,

I will try to post it to EMF section then...
Previous Topic:Hiding child nodes blocks space
Next Topic:Programatically adding nodes to the GMF diagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:15:17 GMT 2024