Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » class not found javax/validation/ValidatorFactory and ValidationException.errorDecryptingPassword(Can't run simple JPA example becuase of 2 errors)
class not found javax/validation/ValidatorFactory and ValidationException.errorDecryptingPassword [message #716245] Tue, 16 August 2011 18:54 Go to next message
plex4r  is currently offline plex4r Friend
I am working in eclipse352 and I am trying to write a simple entity classes and persist an object but I am receiving the following 2 errors when I try to run:

class not found javax/validation/ValidatorFactory and ValidationException.errorDecryptingPassword

For the first I downloaded the validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar and for the secon error I'm not sure why it thinks the password is stored encrypted.

To start this project I used the JPA wizard. I have Dali Java Persistence Tools version 2.2.2 installed and I am trying to run against 10.3.3 Weblogic.

Here is the console output. Any suggestions on what my problem is?

[EL Finest]: 2011-08-16 14:24:03.03--ServerSession(33915936)--Thread(Thread[Main Thread,5,main])--property=javax.persistence.jdbc.password; value=xxxxxx
[EL Severe]: 2011-08-16 14:24:03.451--ServerSession(33915936)--Thread(Thread[Main Thread,5,main])--java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:960)
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.i18n.ExceptionMessageGenerator.buildMessage(ExceptionMessageGenerator.java:47)
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException.errorDecryptingPassword(ValidationException.java:849)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.security.JCEEncryptor.decryptPassword(JCEEncryptor.java:102)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.updateLogins(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1156)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.updateServerSession(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1422)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:360)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:151)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:207)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:195)
at com.bill.client.Client.main(Client.java:14)

[EL Finest]: 2011-08-16 14:24:03.451--ServerSession(33915936)--Thread(Thread[Main Thread,5,main])--End deploying Persistence Unit JPATest2; session file:/C:/builds/vos/vos_movements_workspace/JPATest2/build/classes/_JPATest2; state Deployed; factoryCount 1
Exception in thread "Main Thread" javax.persistence.PersistenceException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:397)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.getServerSession(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:151)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManagerImpl(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:207)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.createEntityManager(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:195)
at com.bill.client.Client.main(Client.java:14)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:960)
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.i18n.ExceptionMessageGenerator.buildMessage(ExceptionMessageGenerator.java:47)
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.ValidationException.errorDecryptingPassword(ValidationException.java:849)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.security.JCEEncryptor.decryptPassword(JCEEncryptor.java:102)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.updateLogins(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1156)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.updateServerSession(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:1422)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.deploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:360)
... 4 more
Re: class not found javax/validation/ValidatorFactory and ValidationException.errorDecryptingPasswor [message #881480 is a reply to message #716245] Mon, 04 June 2012 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ron DiFrango is currently offline Ron DiFrangoFriend
I just ran into this same issue. Did you ever figure out how to make it work?
Re: class not found javax/validation/ValidatorFactory and ValidationException.errorDecryptingPasswor [message #881956 is a reply to message #881480] Tue, 05 June 2012 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

The encryption error is caught, the reason you see it is the null-pointer in the resource bundle.
My guess is the class loader for EclipseLink is some how null.

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: class not found javax/validation/ValidatorFactory and ValidationException.errorDecryptingPasswor [message #881994 is a reply to message #881956] Tue, 05 June 2012 15:45 Go to previous message
Ron DiFrango is currently offline Ron DiFrangoFriend
Why would that only happen within Eclipse?
Previous Topic:Eclipselink 1.0
Next Topic:Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid state, the Connection object is closed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:03:00 GMT 2024