Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Where is the location of a FixPointAnchor?
Where is the location of a FixPointAnchor? [message #716231] Tue, 16 August 2011 18:03 Go to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
I created a FixPointAnchor at (0,100) and assigned to it, as its GA, a line segment to the right: [(0,100) , (10,100) ]. I expected that the "reference point" of the anchor (the point from which connections are logically drawn) would be at (0,100). I tried and found that instead it seems to be a t (5,100), i.e., the center of the GA. Sounds wrong to me (if I'd wanted this, I would have created the anchor at that point, and the GA surronding it)... Is this expected behaviour, or is it a bug?

(BTW: there is any documentation about FixPointAnchor apart from that link in the tutorial? the javadocs API have zero information)

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2011 18:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where is the location of a FixPointAnchor? [message #716358 is a reply to message #716231] Wed, 17 August 2011 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Gorning is currently offline Matthias GorningFriend
IMHO this is the expected behaviour.

For the FixPointAnchor we don't have more documentation. Most of our customers have used only ChopboxAnchors. That's a reason why the documentation is to small.

If you need an extension of the tutorial, please open a bugzilla.

BR,
Matthias
Re: Where is the location of a FixPointAnchor? [message #716477 is a reply to message #716358] Wed, 17 August 2011 14:15 Go to previous message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
Matthias Gorning wrote on Wed, 17 August 2011 04:15
IMHO this is the expected behaviour.

I cannot buy that. This seems plainly bad behaviour to me, and besides it's inconsistent with the behaviour of BoxRelativeAnchor as documented in the tutorial (see the bit "anchor is located on the right border of the visible rectangle....").
Previous Topic:Drag and Drop to SWT
Next Topic:How to add different colors to same shape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:51:36 GMT 2024