Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Strange problem with repository UUIDs
Strange problem with repository UUIDs [message #715731] Mon, 15 August 2011 10:49 Go to next message
jules  is currently offline jules Friend
I'm not sure what's going on here, but here's what I did:

I had an old project with an svn repository accessed via svn+ssh. I wanted to restart the project with a fresh repository, so I moved the repo, deleted the eclipse project, started a new project (with the same name) in eclipse, created a new repo (at the same location as the old one) with svnadmin, and shared the project. Now, when I try updating the project, I get an error message that the repository UUID doesn't match the expected one. And looking at the .svn/entries file, some of the files have the UUID from the old repository attached to them, rather than the new one. Does subversive cache repository UUIDs between operations? Any ideas how to fix this?

(Edited to add a copy of .svn/entries. 835a26aa-63e6-480e-8c74-d3e92cf0f6c8 is the correct UUID; c734ae08-ab2f-46a9-aaeb-568ac34088cc is the one from the old repository.)
  • Attachment: entries
    (Size: 0.67KB, Downloaded 375 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 15 August 2011 10:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange problem with repository UUIDs [message #715882 is a reply to message #715731] Mon, 15 August 2011 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jules  is currently offline jules Friend
A quick update: changing the UUIDs in the entries file to the correct ones and restarting eclipse fixed the issue. The fact that a restart was necessary seems to indicate that at least some caching is going on, and therefore that was probably the original cause of the problem. So I guess this is just one to remember: if you're creating a new repository in the same place as an old one, remember to restart before trying to work with it.
Re: Strange problem with repository UUIDs [message #737129 is a reply to message #715731] Fri, 14 October 2011 17:39 Go to previous message
Cathy  is currently offline Cathy Friend
Just wanted to thank you for posting this, because your solution solved my problem today and now I can checkin my code (deadline today!).
Previous Topic:Commit problems with eclipse checkboxes
Next Topic:Port reset after restart eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:01:06 GMT 2024