Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler(Unable to create class 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler')
org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #715421] Sat, 13 August 2011 23:09 Go to next message
Christian Hanster is currently offline Christian HansterFriend
Hello Guys,

I have written a application with eclipse 4.0 but when I now want to start this application with 4.1 I get the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2011-08-14 00:47:08.977
!MESSAGE Unable to create class 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler' from bundle '27'
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "CocoaUIHandler.commandService": no actual value was found for the argument "ECommandService".
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.reportUnresolvedArgument(InjectorImpl.java:377)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveRequestorArgs(InjectorImpl.java:372)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:97)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:310)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:237)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:153)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:64)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:241)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:130)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

Can someone help me with this problem??
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #715493 is a reply to message #715421] Sun, 14 August 2011 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
You are missing some addons which are necessary with 4.1. Use the wizard
to create a template e4 app and copy those addons into your own e4xmi-file

Tom

Am 14.08.11 01:09, schrieb christian-hanster:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I have written a application with eclipse 4.0 but when I now want to
> start this application with 4.1 I get the following error:
>
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2011-08-14 00:47:08.977
> !MESSAGE Unable to create class
> 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler' from
> bundle '27'
> !STACK 0
> org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process
> "CocoaUIHandler.commandService": no actual value was found for the
> argument "ECommandService".
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.reportUnresolvedArgument(InjectorImpl.java:377)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveRequestorArgs(InjectorImpl.java:372)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:97)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:310)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:237)
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:153)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:90)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:64)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:241)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:130)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
>
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
> Can someone help me with this problem??
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #715539 is a reply to message #715493] Sun, 14 August 2011 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the quick reply. That was the problem:) Now the application starts and the first window is shown, but I have two windows (one login window and a second with the real application) To hide the one window and make the other window visible I used this code:
final String windowId="de.kvg-gymnasium.mobi.manager.MainWindow";
MUIElement e = ms.find(windowId, application);
e.setVisible(true);
e.setOnTop(true);
e.setToBeRendered(true);
ms.bringToTop(e);

// hide the others
for (MWindow window : application.getChildren()) {
	if (!e.getElementId().equals(window.getElementId())) {
		window.setVisible(false);
		window.setOnTop(false);
	}

That has worked fine with 4.0 but now it does not work any more.

Christian
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #715554 is a reply to message #715539] Sun, 14 August 2011 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It's hard to say with out a minimal application to run locally. Might I
also suggest that instead of using windows you install a lifecycle
listener and open a popup shell and only proceed if the the login was
sucessfull.

Tom

Am 14.08.11 14:28, schrieb christian-hanster:
> Thank you for the quick reply. That was the problem:) Now the
> application starts and the first window is shown, but I have two windows
> (one login window and a second with the real application) To hide the
> one window and make the other window visible I used this code:
> final String windowId="de.kvg-gymnasium.mobi.manager.MainWindow";
> MUIElement e = ms.find(windowId, application);
> e.setVisible(true);
> e.setOnTop(true);
> e.setToBeRendered(true);
> ms.bringToTop(e);
>
> // hide the others
> for (MWindow window : application.getChildren()) {
> if (!e.getElementId().equals(window.getElementId())) {
> window.setVisible(false);
> window.setOnTop(false);
> }
> That has worked fine with 4.0 but now it does not work any more.
> Christian
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #715583 is a reply to message #715554] Sun, 14 August 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK That's a good idea. I will look how to make it with a LifeCycleListener. Also I have made a small application that only switches between two windows and it works. So I looked again at my application to see what is different. The only thing I see is that there were some outputs on the console:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2011-08-14 18:38:48.873
!MESSAGE Unable to load UI activator

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2011-08-14 18:38:48.874
!MESSAGE Unable to load UI activator
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1087)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:297)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.start(WorkbenchPlugin.java:845)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:473)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:567)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:490)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader(ClasspathManager.java:478)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:458)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:476)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:345)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:164)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:389)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1130)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:544)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:457)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:243)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:438)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Perhaps you know something about this error.
The attachment is a simple application which switches between two windows

Christian
  • Attachment: test.zip
    (Size: 20.68KB, Downloaded 376 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 14 August 2011 22:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #715624 is a reply to message #715583] Sun, 14 August 2011 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have fixed the problem by "readding" the plugins to the run-configuration.
@Tom thank you very much for the very good and fast responses

Christian
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #728292 is a reply to message #715421] Thu, 22 September 2011 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
I had the same problem and adding the actions to the e4xmi file fixed it. Very helpful. Now I'm trying to add a model fragment and running into the same problem when trying to included it with my app. Does the model fragment plugin need to somehow include those addons too? If so how? Tried adding them to the imports in the fragment's e4xmi but that seems to be a dead end.
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #728297 is a reply to message #728292] Thu, 22 September 2011 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 23.09.11 00:20, schrieb grillo321:
> I had the same problem and adding the actions to the e4xmi file fixed
> it. Very helpful. Now I'm trying to add a model fragment and running
> into the same problem when trying to included it with my app. Does the
> model fragment plugin need to somehow include those addons too? If so
> how? Tried adding them to the imports in the fragment's e4xmi but that
> seems to be a dead end.

Why are you doing imports? The addon should be present in your main
e4xmi-File and through fragments you are contribution stuff.

Tom
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #728305 is a reply to message #728297] Thu, 22 September 2011 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seems I don't adequately understand all of this yet. What I want to do is get rid of the dreaded:

!MESSAGE Unable to create class 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler' from bundle '57'

I see this only when I add the fragment plugin to the run config of the main app. Without the fragment the app runs fine.
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #728312 is a reply to message #728305] Thu, 22 September 2011 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Never mind. I had some junk accumulated in my run-time workspace. Working now.
Re: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler [message #1270907 is a reply to message #715421] Thu, 13 March 2014 20:09 Go to previous message
Alexander Hachmann is currently offline Alexander HachmannFriend
Hello,

I have read all the replies to this thread and tried a lot of stuff.

1) I downloaded a new Kepler eclipse.
2) I ran all updates.
3) I tried to create a template project to see which dependencies might be missing.
Though there was no template that had UI components. Only plain OSGI examples.

I still have the exception that is mentioned in the first thread and cannot get the Application to run
without the exception. The window is coming up, but still the exception is thrown.

Has anyone run this successfully on OSX?

My configuration is as followed.
- OSx 10.9.2
- Java: 1.7.0_51
- Eclipse Kepler 4.3.2 20140224-0627

I attached the project I currently try to run. If someone could help me with finding out what the Problem is
I would be very thankfull.

!SESSION 2014-03-13 21:00:08.816 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_65
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  -product net.teufel.e4.helloworld.ui.product
Command-line arguments:  -product net.teufel.e4.helloworld.ui.product -data /Users/hachi/eclipse-Workspaces/K_RCP_2/../runtime-HelloWorld.product -dev file:/Users/hachi/eclipse-Workspaces/K_RCP_2/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/HelloWorld.product/dev.properties -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 2 0 2014-03-13 21:00:10.093
!MESSAGE No binding context exists for org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 2 0 2014-03-13 21:00:10.094
!MESSAGE No binding context exists for org.eclipse.ui.contexts.dialog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2014-03-13 21:00:10.104
!MESSAGE Unable to create class 'org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.cocoa.CocoaUIHandler' from bundle '53'
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.e4.core.di.InjectionException: Unable to process "CocoaUIHandler.commandService": no actual value was found for the argument "ECommandService".
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.reportUnresolvedArgument(InjectorImpl.java:412)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveRequestorArgs(InjectorImpl.java:403)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:108)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:333)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:267)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:186)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:71)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:49)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.createE4Workbench(E4Application.java:276)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application.start(E4Application.java:144)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)
2014-03-13 21:00:10.150 java[53019:507] *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSWindow is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead. 
2014-03-13 21:00:10.278 java[53019:507] *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSView is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead. 

Thank you,
Alex
Previous Topic:Exception while dispatching event org.osgi.service.event.Event
Next Topic:PreDestroy not called
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:08:20 GMT 2024