Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Adding Connection as Element to its Parent Element to reflect in XML
Adding Connection as Element to its Parent Element to reflect in XML [message #715316] Sat, 13 August 2011 09:40 Go to next message
karthick9686@gmail.com Missing nameFriend
Hi,

Myself created Connection between two nodes. Its working fine, but when I try to add the Connection to its parent list to reflect the connection tag in XML, it throws the following Error in diagram editor but works in model editor...

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index does not exist
at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.add(Figure.java:139)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.Figure.add(Figure.java:184)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.addChildVisual(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:209)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.addChild(AbstractEditPart.java:211)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.refreshChildren(AbstractEditPart.java:781)
at com.bpminspire.inspire.bpmn.designer.parts.ProcessPart.notifyChanged(ProcessPart.java:89)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:380)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.dispatchNotification(EcoreEList.java:255)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:300)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:307)
at com.bpminspire.inspire.bpmn.designer.commands.StartCreationCommand.execute(StartCreationCommand.java:80)
at org.eclipse.gef.commands.CommandStack.execute(CommandStack.java:199)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.executeCommand(AbstractTool.java:425)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.executeCurrentCommand(AbstractTool.java:438)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.CreationTool.performCreation(CreationTool.java:269)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.CreationTool.handleButtonUp(CreationTool.java:189)
at org.eclipse.gef.tools.AbstractTool.mouseUp(AbstractTool.java:1200)
at org.eclipse.gef.EditDomain.mouseUp(EditDomain.java:301)
at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.DomainEventDispatcher.dispatchMouseReleased(DomainEventDispatcher.java:380)
at org.eclipse.draw2d.LightweightSystem$EventHandler.mouseUp(LightweightSystem.java:548)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:219)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

Can any one tell me, what may be the issue is? If i did not add the connection in xml, then its working fine in diagram editor but when i try to open it in Model editor it throws exception that incoming and outgoing do not resolve the have reference, so only i am trying to add in connection it in xml and my concept in the project is to open the diagram in Model editor as well as diagram editor.

Regards,
Karthik
Re: Adding Connection as Element to its Parent Element to reflect in XML [message #717712 is a reply to message #715316] Mon, 22 August 2011 07:22 Go to previous message
Karthikeyan Missing name is currently offline Karthikeyan Missing nameFriend
Hi,
While creating Connection, add the connection to the parent so that it will reflect in xml. The following error will occur, if the parent modelchildren should return the list with only shapes, that list should not contain the connection.

Regards,
Karthikeyan
Previous Topic:PropertiesView based on EMF.edit Framework [partly solved]
Next Topic:EMF ItemProvider to PropertySource in GEF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:20:59 GMT 2024