Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Jobs and employment » Eclipse Java Developer at SAP in Palo Alto(Eclipse Java Developer)
Eclipse Java Developer at SAP in Palo Alto [message #715229] Fri, 12 August 2011 20:59 Go to next message
James McKinstry is currently offline James McKinstryFriend
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Technology & Innovation Platform - Business Analytics & Technologies Enterprise Information Management Data Services group develops products to help customer manage the end-to-end information in medium and large enterprises. The portfolio consists of Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Profiling, Text Analysis, and Master Data Management. The products are being developed in multiple geographies across US, China, and Europe with more than 400+ employees in the organization.

We are looking for an experienced Java SWT/Eclipse RCP developer to join the SAP Data Services team to develop the next generation user interface product Data Services Workbench. The candidate will design and implement innovative and easy-to-use user interfaces based on Eclipse.

EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Work with Product Manager and development architect to design features
Write Software Design Document
Conduct design review with Product Manager, QA engineers, Sustaining Engineers, and Doc Writers.
Collaborate with the global cross functional feature team to develop features following the full product life cycle
Develop innovative and easy to use user interfaces based on Eclipse and other technologies
Fix bugs found in QA cycle
Assist sustaining engineer to resolve customer escalation cases

EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science, EECS or foreign degree equivalent.
Experienced in developing enterprise software.
Good knowledge of relational databases (SQL / Schema modeling).
Experienced with Web Services.
Effective teamwork & collaboration skill.
Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
Excellent problem solving skill.
Ability to adapt to continually-changing priorities and aggressive schedule.
Excellent organization skill.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Team player and a hard worker.

WORK EXPERIENCE
5+ years Java development experience.
3+ years SWT/RCP development experience (Custom SWT controls experience is a plus).
3+ Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF)
3+ Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)

[Updated on: Fri, 12 August 2011 21:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse Java Developer at SAP in Palo Alto [message #720067 is a reply to message #715229] Mon, 29 August 2011 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EclipseEnthusiast  is currently offline EclipseEnthusiast Friend
I believe that the posted requirement is a close match to my skillset. Would it be possible for you to share your email address, so that I can send across my profile to you ?
Re: Eclipse Java Developer at SAP in Palo Alto [message #721848 is a reply to message #715229] Sat, 03 September 2011 06:02 Go to previous message
Charu Sharma is currently offline Charu SharmaFriend
Hi,

I am interested in your requirement. Could you please share your mail ID, d\so that i can send my profile.

Regards,
Charu Sharma
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP Designers (User Interfaces) - Long term contracts with Global Leader located in Ireland
Next Topic:Eclipse Release Engineer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:21:47 GMT 2024