Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Target Management » getHosts() doesn't get the local host on startup/first call - should it?
getHosts() doesn't get the local host on startup/first call - should it? [message #714969] Thu, 11 August 2011 22:59 Go to next message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
I am using RSE to connect to remote hosts and I keep the name of the remote host across sessions.

The problem I am seeing is that I have selected the "Local" host to do some testing. I stop the Eclipse and restart. I eventually try to do some remote profiling via my code. It knows it should be using the host with name "Local" so it uses SystemStartHere to get the registry and from there it asks for the hosts via getHosts(). At that point, it is getting 0 hosts returned and eventually my code flags an error because it can't find the local host (or any host for that matter).

However, later on, the local host magically shows up. My listener is called and I then see there is one host: the local host. I didn't perform any RSE UI action between the initial call and when the local host shows up.

So, there seems to be some timing issue. Is there some recommended logic to make sure that the hosts are successfully loaded by a given time?
Re: getHosts() doesn't get the local host on startup/first call - should it? [message #715025 is a reply to message #714969] Fri, 12 August 2011 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Oberhuber is currently offline Martin OberhuberFriend
Have you tried

RSECorePlugin.waitForInitCompletion(int)

?
Re: getHosts() doesn't get the local host on startup/first call - should it? [message #718632 is a reply to message #715025] Wed, 24 August 2011 22:21 Go to previous message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Thanks, that was very helpful.
Previous Topic:A newcomer to RSE seeks feedback
Next Topic:Console TERM Emulation Support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:56:18 GMT 2024