Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Programatic API ?
Programatic API ? [message #714965] Thu, 11 August 2011 22:35 Go to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Hi all,

I'm used to use BDD (behavior driven development) using JBehave with my web applications. It is a such nice practice to write User Stories and Scenarios as requirement and same time to use it as acceptance test source.

Now I'm entering in the RCP word and I would like to maintain the practice.

I would like to know if Jubula has a API that could be used programmatically. I mean, an API that could be used without the help of graphic tools in IDE...

If Jubula has it, I want to integrate it to jbehave, so the integration tests of my RCP could be run using maven + tycho.

thanks for any comment

cheers

Cristiano
Re: Programatic API ? [message #715019 is a reply to message #714965] Fri, 12 August 2011 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Cristiano,

Thanks for your post and your interest. Jubula does not have a programmatic API for writing tests. The graphical test creation via drag and drop is the way of writing tests in the tool. The advantage that we see in this approach is the easy-to-understand (and -change!) hierarchies of reusable modules including their parameters, and with natural language names.

It's certainly not unthinkable that the activities you can do with drag and drop could be shown or written programmatically (well, at least in some DSL), but this is a route that our development is not likely to take as our target group includes testers who are either uncomfortable with writing code, those who can't, and those who want to save the effort of doing so.

If what you're looking for is just the ability to run already written tests from the command line in an automated build and test process, then this is already possible. The "Test Executor" lets you define what to run without requiring the UI client.

Hope this information helps you!

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Programatic API ? [message #715065 is a reply to message #714965] Fri, 12 August 2011 09:27 Go to previous message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Depending on what you wan't to achieve there might be a possibility. There is an (currently undocumented) API for creating tests. This is used internally for importing tests.

If you want to modify Jubula to do this please contact us on the developer mailing list and we can work something out.

If you want to program test code I'd suggest SWTbot.

Achim
Previous Topic:Meaning of icons ?
Next Topic:testexec.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:25:57 GMT 2024