Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » CommonNavigator: removing the "Link with Editor" button
CommonNavigator: removing the "Link with Editor" button [message #714950] Thu, 11 August 2011 21:18 Go to next message
McNuggets Missing name is currently offline McNuggets Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I'm developing an RCP application with Eclipse 3.7.0. My application has several perspectives, all having only views, there is no editor at all in the application.

Now, I need to create several views rendering data as trees with drag n' drop functionalities, context (= right click) pop-up menus, etc. I'm considering extending the CommonNavigator, for it provides must of the features I'm interested in. So far, I'm doing quite well but I would like to do a bit of UI tunning. For instance, as I have no editors at all in my application, I would like to get rid of the yellow button "Link with Editor".

Do you know how to do that?

Thanks a lot,

McNuggets
Re: CommonNavigator: removing the "Link with Editor" button [message #714954 is a reply to message #714950] Thu, 11 August 2011 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francis Upton IV is currently offline Francis Upton IVFriend
You can do this in thee org.eclipse.ui.navigator.viewer extension point. Look at the documentation for that, there an element called "property" and it can be set to one of the values in INavigatorViewerDescriptor class. At the end of the extension point documentation section there is an example of how to set the properties.

Re: CommonNavigator: removing the "Link with Editor" button [message #714961 is a reply to message #714954] Thu, 11 August 2011 22:22 Go to previous message
McNuggets Missing name is currently offline McNuggets Missing nameFriend
Yes!! Well done, thank you Francis!! That looks so easy, now. I give the XML code, in case this may help some other:
   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ui.navigator.viewer">
      <viewer
            viewerId="my.view.ID">
         <options>
            <property
                  name="org.eclipse.ui.navigator.hideLinkWithEditorAction"
                  value="true">
            </property>
         </options>
      </viewer>
Previous Topic:[CNF] CommonViewer label provider