Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Problem starting the Server(Requested factory com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory cannot be located)
Problem starting the Server [message #714814] Thu, 11 August 2011 14:49 Go to next message
pattabi  is currently offline pattabi Friend
I downloaded 'virgo-tomcat-server-3.0.0.RC2' and as per instruction, added SERVER_HOME. When I did a checkJava.. it failed. I found that the setClasspath is looking for Kernel Home. Renamed the variable did not work. Downloaded 'virgo-kernel-2.1.1.RELEASE' and mapped that to 'KERNEL_HOME' and restored the 'SERVER_HOME'

I could not go past the 'Requested factory com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory cannot be located' error. Surprised that no one has reported this. Is it a usage problem?
Re: Problem starting the Server [message #714818 is a reply to message #714814] Thu, 11 August 2011 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

Where did you read the requirement for the SERVER_HOME variable. On 3.0.0.RC2 you should only need to define the JAVE_HOME variable to point to your java install. The startup script will do the rest. I assume you are trying to start the server with either the startup.sh or startup.bat script?

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 August 2011 15:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem starting the Server [message #714826 is a reply to message #714818] Thu, 11 August 2011 15:05 Go to previous message
pattabi  is currently offline pattabi Friend
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I was having JAVA SDK 6..11. I updated to JDK 7 and removed all the variables. It worked fine.
Thanks again.
Previous Topic:Virgo-Tomcat to serve files?
Next Topic:Is there a basic web application example out there?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:31:01 GMT 2024