Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Is there a basic web application example out there?
Is there a basic web application example out there? [message #714583] Thu, 11 August 2011 00:03 Go to next message
pinkfloyd_360 is currently offline pinkfloyd_360Friend
I'm new to virgo and I have seen the greenpages web application example. However, I'm wondering if there is a very basic web application example out there that I can use to build my knowledge?

The problem with the greenpages example is that it is quite extensive when it comes to dependencies. I want a very simple web app that has just a Hello World page. No templates, no images, etc.

I just want to make sure that I'm building and deploying the app correctly and that my POMs and MANIFEST files are accurate (I'm including the web app with a PAR). Once this is achieved, I can start getting fancy.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Is there a basic web application example out there? [message #714635 is a reply to message #714583] Thu, 11 August 2011 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hristo Iliev is currently offline Hristo IlievFriend

You can check the unreleased samples.

There you will be able to find simpler applications, although they are not packed in PAR.
Re: Is there a basic web application example out there? [message #714684 is a reply to message #714635] Thu, 11 August 2011 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Frost is currently offline Chris FrostFriend

You can always look at the Splash screen application that comes with Virgo. It's about as simple as it gets. You can either unpack the jar file in the pickup dir or checkout the source in the 'apps' git repo. Checkout the Virgo wiki to see the source repos.

Chris.

------------------------------------------------
Chris Frost, Twitter @cgfrost
Springsource, a divison of VMware.
Re: Is there a basic web application example out there? [message #714905 is a reply to message #714583] Thu, 11 August 2011 17:58 Go to previous message
pinkfloyd_360 is currently offline pinkfloyd_360Friend
Hristo and Chris,

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your quick response.
Previous Topic:Problem starting the Server
Next Topic:Set up a local directory as a repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:02:37 GMT 2024