Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Disable drag and drop to detached window?
Disable drag and drop to detached window? [message #714137] Tue, 09 August 2011 21:47 Go to next message
Ben Roling is currently offline Ben RolingFriend
I'm working on uplifting an existing RCP app from an Eclipse 3.x base to 4.1. This application sets the IWorkbenchPreferenceConstants.ENABLE_DETACHED_VIEWS preference to false in the WorkbenchAdvisor to prevent views being dragged into detachment. It appears (perhaps unsurprisingly) that this does not work in 4.1.

I'm curious if there is any mechanism to prevent this or if perhaps someone has already logged a bug for it? I did a search but didn't find it if there is one.

Looking at the source for the DnDAddon, it appears to me there is no currently available means to disable this (without removing the DnDAddon entirely), but maybe I am overlooking something?

To clarify, I would be happy with something that prevents any part (rather than just views as the preference name suggests) from being dropped into detachment.
Re: Disable drag and drop to detached window? [message #723927 is a reply to message #714137] Fri, 09 September 2011 21:38 Go to previous message
Ben Roling is currently offline Ben RolingFriend
Bug logged: bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357289
Previous Topic:How to retrieve/inject a list of services
Next Topic:e4 compatability layer: add menu item in default file menu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:59:57 GMT 2024