Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Problem generating Bottom Up CXF 2.x(Creating bottom up skeleton )
Problem generating Bottom Up CXF 2.x [message #714019] Tue, 09 August 2011 15:46 Go to next message
Erwin.Verwoerd is currently offline Erwin.VerwoerdFriend
I must be doing something wrong. I'm using Eclipse Indigo / CXF 2.X / Tomcat 6.0

I have managed to create a bottom up Webservice using the WTP. Republishing/rebuilding my wsdl file does not work anymore.

I'm in the Java EE Perspective.
On the Web Service Dialog (WSDL file > Web Services > Generate Java Bean Skeleton)
Somehow the default setting for bottom up is not used here as specified in my preferences file.

From the service Configuration the service project is always wrong, it always picks another project althoug it starts with the correct one. In the Service I select my Service. Click Next where I want to select an SEI.
This dropdown is now always empty (was filled before with my SEI)

If I use the "Browse" button and want to select my Service Endpoint Interface it does not show my SEI either, and cannot open the package where my Interface is in.
Double clicking on the package name throughs an exceptions:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException

(I cannot find this log file anywhere by the way).

Typing in the Interface name of my SEI doesn't work either because then the dialog claims the certain methods are nog implemented. But they are.

I want to do this to generate the correct/new WSDL file using eclipse.

This has worked at least a few times but not sure what went wrong here. I only switched from workspace.

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Tried to clean my workspace and tried to startup eclipse with the -clean option.

Re: Problem generating Bottom Up CXF 2.x [message #717631 is a reply to message #714019] Sun, 21 August 2011 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
Hi Erwin,

Quote:

On the Web Service Dialog (WSDL file > Web Services > Generate Java Bean Skeleton)
Somehow the default setting for bottom up is not used here as specified in my preferences file.

You should see the settings for a Top-Down web service if you went that route (WSDL file > Web Services > Generate Java Bean Skeleton) not the settings for Bottom-Up.

Quote:

From the service Configuration the service project is always wrong, it always picks another project althoug it starts with the correct one.

By this do you mean that you launched the Web Service wizard with an initial selection (service implementation or WSDL) and that that project that contains that selection isn't listed in the service configuration?

Quote:

In the Service I select my Service. Click Next where I want to select an SEI.
This dropdown is now always empty (was filled before with my SEI)

Does the service implementation you are using contain a @WebService annotation with an endpointInterface attribute pointing to your SEI?

Quote:

If I use the "Browse" button and want to select my Service Endpoint Interface it does not show my SEI either, and cannot open the package where my Interface is in.
Double clicking on the package name throughs an exceptions:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException

(I cannot find this log file anywhere by the way).

As a test are there any other interfaces in your project? Does the dialog show those interfaces as available selections and allow selection?

You should be able to see that error in the Error Log view. (Window > Show View > Other > General > Error Log) for the top-level menu.

Quote:

I only switched from workspace.

Prior to switching were you using that workspace with an earlier version of Eclipse?

Can you reproduce the issue if you start with a new workspace and import the project?

Quote:

Does anybody know what the problem is?

I haven't see these problems described before but we'll try and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
Shane

Re: Problem generating Bottom Up CXF 2.x [message #968853 is a reply to message #717631] Fri, 02 November 2012 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eli Godoy is currently offline Eli GodoyFriend
I have the same Issue:
"An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException"

Only when I try to create a Web Service.

eclipse.buildId=M20120914-1800
java.version=1.7.0_09
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_VE
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

Error
Fri Nov 02 15:38:39 VET 2012
Project facet axis2.core has not been defined. It is used in plugin org.eclipse.jst.ws.cxf.core.

Re: Problem generating Bottom Up CXF 2.x [message #972396 is a reply to message #968853] Mon, 05 November 2012 15:47 Go to previous message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
Hi Eli,

That looks like a bug in the CXF facet definition. It conflicts with the Axis2 facet but if that feature isn't also installed you'll get errors..

Could you log the issue against WebTools > WTP WebServices > jst.ws.jaxws component here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20Webservices

Meanwhile you can install the Axis2 feature from the update site you installed CXF from or use http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/junosr1 to get around the issue.

Thanks,
Shane
Previous Topic:Good learning book/material for importing/compiling practices in eclipse(j2ee/jee)?
Next Topic:Dynamic Web Project set up
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:24:25 GMT 2024