Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Problem uninstalling TPTP
Problem uninstalling TPTP [message #713936] Tue, 09 August 2011 12:37 Go to next message
sigmatix is currently offline sigmatixFriend
I installed TPTP for Eclipse just to have a look at it. But I can't get along with it, so i want to uninstall it. Eclipse doesn't let me:

Under Help -> About Eclipse -> Installation Details TPTP is listed, but "Uninstall..." Button is Grayed out!

So, how can uninstall these many plugins? I don't need any of them ...
I'm using Eclipse 3.7 Indigo
Re: Problem uninstalling TPTP [message #713937 is a reply to message #713936] Tue, 09 August 2011 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torsten Stolpmann is currently offline Torsten StolpmannFriend
TPTP is currently not supported for Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) so I am wondering how you did manage to install it.

Did you install a zip Archive?

Re: Problem uninstalling TPTP [message #713943 is a reply to message #713937] Tue, 09 August 2011 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I installed it under Eclipse 3.6 weeks ago but never used it since then. Now i updated to 3.7 and noticed, that TPTP isn't supported any longer and i wanted to remove these plugins from Eclipse. Can't remember how i installed it, i forgot about it :/
Re: Problem uninstalling TPTP [message #713986 is a reply to message #713943] Tue, 09 August 2011 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heiner Westphal is currently offline Heiner WestphalFriend
On a personal note: To avoid such situations I usually refrain from updating an eclipse installation but instead start with a fresh install and reuse a copy of the old workspace with the new eclipse. Your mileage may vary.

You may try the following:

1. Shutdown Eclipse
  2. Remove features/org.eclipse.tptp.*
  3. Start Eclipse again

This won't get rid of the plugins, but your eclipse installation will no longer notice them.

Hope this helps

Re: Problem uninstalling TPTP [message #714276 is a reply to message #713986] Wed, 10 August 2011 08:07 Go to previous message
Thanks Heiner,
that helped to solve the problem with these plugins. I deleted the named folders above and they don't appear in any lists any longer. So some more clear overview is given now Smile

Best regards,
sigmatix
Previous Topic:Call Graph
Next Topic:"Fetching children of data collector" task hangs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:46:39 GMT 2024