Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Content Assist(Content Assist CONTROL+SPACE for Text Fields)
Content Assist [message #713737] Mon, 08 August 2011 23:28 Go to next message
Kamesh Sampath is currently offline Kamesh SampathFriend
Opened a new enhancement @ Bug-354199

Can I not implement the same in current version ? It will be great if you can show me some pointers or steps to be followed when build a Java Type content assists for Text fields, if I am successful i can contribute the code back to Sapphire for the above mentioned enhancement - which i will love to do Smile

~Kamesh
Re: Content Assist [message #714031 is a reply to message #713737] Tue, 09 August 2011 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
I cannot think of a way for an adopter to do this on their own. Here is the info on the Eclipse content proposal facilities:

http://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/jface_fieldassist.htm

The integration with text field is at fairly low level. This would have to be a change in the text field property editor itself.

- Konstantin
Re: Content Assist [message #714036 is a reply to message #714031] Tue, 09 August 2011 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can we not just grab the Text field control and attach the content assist as its done in JDT-UI or PDE-UI ?
Re: Content Assist [message #714049 is a reply to message #714036] Tue, 09 August 2011 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Well... You can experiment with that, but I am not sure where you'd grab the text field in order to attach content assist.
Re: Content Assist [message #714081 is a reply to message #714049] Tue, 09 August 2011 18:45 Go to previous message
the idea could be attach action something like CTRL + SPACE , then attach an handler to it, inside the handler grab the Text filed from the Sapphire Part using the SapphirePropertyEditor.findControl(...) thats it!

Hope am making sense here. But right now we have one issue that CTRL+SPACE is not allowed as key binding the sdef editor complains when I give CONTROL + SPACE
Previous Topic:Element with Default Value
Next Topic:Custom Part Creation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:38:15 GMT 2024