Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem starting html-AUT
Problem starting html-AUT [message #713516] Mon, 08 August 2011 14:56 Go to next message
sincosh is currently offline sincoshFriend
Hey guys,

I created a Test case within a test suite and am now trying to run the test. Unfortunately, Jubula doesn't want to start the AUT. I configured my AUT as follows:
AUT Agent Host: localhost
AUT ID: 0001
AUT Base: /home/user
AUT URL: h t t p ://hereComesMyURL
Browser: Firefox

-- AUT Agent is running and connected. Nevertheless Jubula only tells me "Starting AUT with ID: 0001" without any progress... what did I do wrong?

(btw I'm working on lucid lynx and installed the standalone application.)
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #713872 is a reply to message #713516] Tue, 09 August 2011 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Sumbul is currently offline Michel SumbulFriend
It's possible to make a test on firefox who display animated SVG?

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2011 09:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #718146 is a reply to message #713516] Tue, 23 August 2011 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pskokovic  is currently offline pskokovic Friend
Hi guys,

I have run into similar problem of starting AUT with Firefox. It took me a while to investigate and here is the result.

I have configured the AUT as you can see in attached 'aut-conf.png'. When I start the AUT Firefox is started in the background (as you can see in task manager). However, its window never becomes visible.
After I kill the Firefox process another Firefox process is started and its window is displayed without AUT running. Jubula is still in process of starting AUT.
If I kill the java process, which is used to start the AUT in Firefox, then a warning message dialog is display (see attached 'warning.png').

I have tried different AUT configurations in the following environments and got the same result:
1. Windows XP sp3 + Firefox 3.6
2. Windows XP sp3 + Firefox 6.0
3. Windows 7 64bit sp1 + Firefox 3.6
All environments have java 1.6.0_26 installed.
  • Attachment: warning.png
    (Size: 33.48KB, Downloaded 296 times)
  • Attachment: aut-conf.png
    (Size: 354.60KB, Downloaded 321 times)
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #718186 is a reply to message #713516] Tue, 23 August 2011 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Missing name Missing name is currently offline Missing name Missing nameFriend
Hi!
i have the same problem starting an AUT, but in my case it is a RCP application.
My AUT Agent is also running and connected but Jubula also tells me "Starting AUT with ID:..." without any progress. Even though the application startet, i cannot see it under the running AUTs.
Therefore i cannot choose it to run my tests

After a few minutes i receive the attached warning.

Please can you help me too?
  • Attachment: Hint.bmp
    (Size: 1.26MB, Downloaded 268 times)
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #718362 is a reply to message #718186] Wed, 24 August 2011 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
For the RCP problem you might want to read here: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/html/manual/node266.html

Alex
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #719787 is a reply to message #718146] Mon, 29 August 2011 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael   is currently offline Michael Friend
pskokovic wrote on Tue, 23 August 2011 08:06
I have configured the AUT as you can see in attached 'aut-conf.png'. When I start the AUT Firefox is started in the background (as you can see in task manager). However, its window never becomes visible.
After I kill the Firefox process another Firefox process is started and its window is displayed without AUT running. Jubula is still in process of starting AUT.
If I kill the java process, which is used to start the AUT in Firefox, then a warning message dialog is display (see attached 'warning.png').

Same thing here on Ubuntu Linux 11.04 (64 bit) using OpenJDK 1.6.0_22 runtime.
Once I start the AUT there are:

• three java processes

• one for the Jubula Standalone/ Eclipse
    • one for the AUTagent
    • and one I guess for the process that should start firefox

• two firefox-bin processes

• one in "Zombie" state (i.e. already terminated but parent hasn't read exit code yet)
    • one in normal state (mostly sleeping) but not visible anywhere called with the command line
      /usr/lib/firefox-6.0/firefox-bin -profile /tmp/customProfileDircb078be5cd21430eb55f9783e492a1e4 -chrome chrome://killff/content/kill.html

When I manually kill the second firefox both firefox instances terminate and another firefox instance (this time visible, but with an empty page) pops up, started with the command line
/usr/lib/firefox-6.0/firefox-bin -profile /tmp/customProfileDircb078be5cd21430eb55f9783e492a1e4
. The progress view in the Jubula GUI is still spinning and saying "Starting AUT with ID: barfoo"

When closing this new firefox instance all three java processes still exist and progress stays the same.

When killing the java "helper" process I get the error message "5009: AUT start failed" -> Details: "Establishing connection to AUT failed. Please check the AUT configuration." Progress in Jubula GUI still keeps spinning, but the terminal where I started the autagent now shows the following exception:
AUT:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not contact Selenium Server; have you started it on 'localhost:58770' ?
AUT:Read more at http:<double slash>seleniumhq.org/projects/remote-control/not-started.html
AUT:Connection refused
AUT:	at com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSelenium.start(DefaultSelenium.java:86)
AUT:	at com.bredexsw.jubula.rc.html.WebAUTServer.start(Unknown Source)
AUT:	at com.bredexsw.jubula.rc.html.WebAUTServer.main(Unknown Source)
(<double slash> replaced by // (damn posting restrictions))

I tried Jubula Standalone and Eclipse for Testers (with the autagent from the standalone) both with the same result
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #719844 is a reply to message #719787] Mon, 29 August 2011 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I strongly suspect that the problem is coming from the Firefox version. We currently support up to version 3.5. This is something we want to change, so that newer versions are also supported, but it won't be in the upcoming release.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #720021 is a reply to message #719844] Mon, 29 August 2011 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael   is currently offline Michael Friend
That indeed seems to be the problem. I just tried Firefox 3.5.19 and it worked (you can get old releases here: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/). Selenium just had a new release (2.X) which does support newer versions of Firefox, but I guess it takes a little bit of effort to upgrade.

Thanks for your help.
Re: Problem starting html-AUT [message #720058 is a reply to message #720021] Mon, 29 August 2011 18:55 Go to previous message
pskokovic  is currently offline pskokovic Friend
I have just confirmed that Firefox 3.0.1 works.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:veryyy slow aut configuration with remote auts
Next Topic:Put character "=" in a textarea
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:00:27 GMT 2024