Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Classic Mac (10.4) Getting rxtxSerial class path issue(How do I get the rxtxSerial.jnilib to show up in the class path?)
Classic Mac (10.4) Getting rxtxSerial class path issue [message #713501] Mon, 08 August 2011 14:45 Go to next message
Bill Swanson is currently offline Bill SwansonFriend
I have downloaded the rxt-2.1-7-bins-r2.zip package. I have renamed the librxtxSerial.jnilib to rxtxSerial.jnilib. It has been added to the class path. When it is run I get the "no rxtxSerial in java.library.path" error.

[Eclipse 3.6.2 on a mac 10.4]

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Classic Mac (10.4) Getting rxtxSerial class path issue [message #713756 is a reply to message #713501] Tue, 09 August 2011 01:23 Go to previous message
Bill Swanson is currently offline Bill SwansonFriend
Found a solution! The librxtxSerial.jnilib name was changed when it was dropped into the Library/java/Extensions folder or the wrong file was dropped in. After checking to be sure the correct files are in the Library/java/Extensions folder, download fixperm-217.sh from the http://jlog.org/rxtx-mac.html site. Next I ran the download within the terminal. Now Eclipse uses the rxtx files without the class path error.
Previous Topic:hello admin
Next Topic:(no subject)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:59:45 GMT 2024