Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Documentation about Spring Security / Virgo integration(Spring Security Virgo integration)
Documentation about Spring Security / Virgo integration [message #713427] Mon, 08 August 2011 13:12 Go to next message
TorTukiTu Mising name is currently offline TorTukiTu Mising nameFriend
Hi all.

I am fighting to use Spring Security with Virgo correctly.
I can't find any interresting paper which explains how to integrate Spring Security with Spring DM.

Do you have any interresting resources to share ?

Using SS on a simple web module is easy, but sharing authentication process upon multiple bundles seems to be very hard... (For example, how to check user roles in Business bundles once user has authenticated itself in web-modules bundles ?)

I am working on Spring security and Spring DM only for some days.

Here is what I understood. Did I understood correctly the underlying problem between SS and Virgo integration ? Is it false ? Those new technologies are a bit complicated for me and I am a bit lost...

Here is what I understood:

Without OSGi (working)

//img189.imageshack.us/img189/2695/secjee.png

With OSGi (not working)

//img204.imageshack.us/img204/991/badsec.png

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 August 2011 13:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Documentation about Spring Security / Virgo integration [message #713985 is a reply to message #713427] Tue, 09 August 2011 14:26 Go to previous message
Dmitry Sklyut is currently offline Dmitry SklyutFriend
SpringSecurity will place Authentication object on the ThreadLocal. So it should be available in the business bundle as long as you do not do Async calls to the services. I have to check what kind of imports I had to do in the services bundles but I had it working.

You might need to publish AccessDecisionManager from where your spring security is configured to make it available to the global-method-security configuration.

<global-method-security access-decision-manager-ref="myAccessDecisionManagerBean">

If you could provide an slimmed down test configuration - I can help you get it working.

Regards,
Dmitry
Previous Topic:Where to get the required version of Spring IDE?
Next Topic:Virgo-Tomcat to serve files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:01:49 GMT 2024