Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Anchors or nested shapes?
Anchors or nested shapes? [message #710859] Fri, 05 August 2011 13:52 Go to next message
Hernan Gonzalez is currently offline Hernan GonzalezFriend
I'm a newbie at Graphiti, I'm designing some editor that has some similarities with this GMF tutorial example. Basically, my nodes are functions with (distinct, named) inputs, and outputs, each connections links an output to an input. I'm trying to decide between two approaches:

1. each individual input/output is an anchor (fix point) of the function node (as in most graphiti examples)
2. each individual input/output is a nested object/shape of the parent node (as in that gmf tutorial)

I will have many different functions (they are not necessarily known at compile time) - but once a node is created, it's function "signature" (inputs and outputs) is fixed. Perhaps some inputs can become hidden (by user action or by the domain).
I'm (slightly, hesitantly) tending to approach 2, but I didn't see any Graphiti example of that approach, and I wonder if that is feasible or advisable.

Any opinions?

[Updated on: Fri, 05 August 2011 13:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Anchors or nested shapes? [message #713903 is a reply to message #710859] Tue, 09 August 2011 10:44 Go to previous message
Matthias Gorning is currently offline Matthias GorningFriend
In my opinion the 2nd approach is the better one. You have more possibilities for the graphical representation. For this nested shapes you should use chopbox anchors.

BR,
Matthias

Previous Topic:Workflow Editor with Graphiti
Next Topic:link from container and child shape to the same object?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:36:18 GMT 2024