Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » File URI not working correctly
File URI not working correctly [message #710264] Thu, 04 August 2011 21:24 Go to next message
CrypticMetaphor88 is currently offline CrypticMetaphor88Friend
My brother and I are working on a small project in Windows, we almost always work on a LAN network and I'm currently working on setting up a distributed svn that allows us to share files, merge code, etc.

I'm trying to clone a project form another computer via EGit and I only want to use the "file" protocol, because it's the simplest and easiest. I specifically don't want to use anything else because we are working on a lan and security is not an issue.

The problem is that if I try to clone a project with the file protocol and I fill in the URI with the following:
file:///MyComp/C:/wsShared/repository

I get an error in the upper left part of my screen saying:
C:\eclipse\.\MyComp/C:/wsShared/repository does not exist.

Where is the "C:\eclipse." coming from? shouldn't the file URI scheme allow me to connect to another computer?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Cryptic.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 21:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: File URI not working correctly [message #710697 is a reply to message #710264] Fri, 05 August 2011 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
I think the url should be file://///MyComp/sharename/wsShared/repository where sharename is the name of your shared folder on the computer. C: would be the drive letter of a local drive, so you can't use drive letters if you want to access network shares of another computer.
Re: File URI not working correctly [message #710840 is a reply to message #710697] Fri, 05 August 2011 13:21 Go to previous message
CrypticMetaphor88 is currently offline CrypticMetaphor88Friend
*face palm* I'm such a tard.

Yeah I figured that out 15 minutes after I posted this went to bed.

thank you for your reply
Previous Topic:How do you add a change to the index?
Next Topic:Merge "using strategy resolve resulted in: Failed."
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:48:43 GMT 2024