Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Building Updatesite Problem for Xtext 2.0 plugins(Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place. )
Building Updatesite Problem for Xtext 2.0 plugins [message #709885] Thu, 04 August 2011 12:42 Go to next message
Caner Friend
Hello everyone!
I was going to create an updatesite for my Xtext plugin
I have created two features for an update which are com.example.mydsl and com.example.mydsl.ui respectively.I have inserted those features under new catagory in updatesite project's site map.

When I click Build All, I got this error which is
C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:29: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:39: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:15: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\com.example.mydsl.ui\build.xml:319: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\com.example.mydsl.ui\build.xml:422: Problem: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:39: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.p2.xml:15: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\com.example.mydsl.ui\build.xml:319: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\workspace\com.example.mydsl.ui\build.xml:422: Problem: failed to create task or type apitooling.apigeneration
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

look forward to hear your commands

BR
Caner

[Updated on: Thu, 04 August 2011 14:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Building Updatesite Problem for Xtext 2.0 plugins [message #821506 is a reply to message #709885] Thu, 15 March 2012 13:02 Go to previous message
Dennis Huebner is currently offline Dennis HuebnerFriend

A bit late but ...
Cause:
PDE build script can't find api tooling tasks.
You need org.eclipse.pde.api.tools installed in your IDE.
Or disable "API Tools nature" in your project/-s.

see also http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/199754/695429/

Regards,
Dennis.

+Dennis Huebner

Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Previous Topic:elementary - all steps required to use a mixin grammar
Next Topic:Formatting for Python-like languages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:26:12 GMT 2024