Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Maven Integration (M2E) » pom file shows missing artifact errors(My imported project seems to fine except eclipse (Indigo 3.7) is showing errors for missing artifacts )
pom file shows missing artifact errors [message #709403] Wed, 03 August 2011 22:12 Go to next message
Ara Bulbulian is currently offline Ara BulbulianFriend
using Indigo 3.7 (m2e integrated in)

I would think this would be something simple to fix, but I can't seem to understand why Eclipse can't find the artifacts (all listed as missing) listed in my POM file. So I have a long list of errors in my Eclipse 'Problems' tab and my POM.xml

I was able to run mvn commands from the command line just fine and all the dependencies were created in my /.m2/repository/ dir.

What is it that eclipse is using to try and validate my pom.xml? Very annoying that even the error messages are almost meaningless. All are 'Missing artifacts...' and are on line 1 of my pom.xml?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Other developers using eclipse 3.4 and even 3.7 (Pulse build) don't seem to have my same issue.

A few things I already checked:

1) eclipse -> preferences -> maven -> installation: Embedded 3.0.2

2) eclipse -> preferences -> maven -> user settings: local repository looks correct

3) eclipse -> preferences -> java -> build path -> classpath variables: M2_REPO which points to the same dir in my user settings (#2).

4) all the Maven Dependencies in my Java Build Path -> Libraries are happy (no errors)

** also when I click to view the pom.xml in eclipse it gives me a read error when clicking on the 'Dependency Hierarchy'. So whatever eclipse (plug-in is trying to parse the pom files seems to be having issues.

Please response with anything that might help me solve this mystery. Will supply any missing information if needed.

Thanks!

Re: pom file shows missing artifact errors [message #710874 is a reply to message #709403] Fri, 05 August 2011 14:20 Go to previous message
Ara Bulbulian is currently offline Ara BulbulianFriend
I can add any screen shots if it would help somebody to reply? Really would like to be able to figure this out so that I don't have to run all tests from the command line and possible start up a mule server with eclipse for some functional test. This won't happen until eclipse can recognize the pom file's dependency list. Since the maven built up my /.m2/repository/ from the pom just fine, I don't see a problem with that file.
Previous Topic:Disable M2E logging for indigo
Next Topic:Problem with sar dependencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:50:55 GMT 2024